20-Dec-2016(Passed)
Passport Req..
02-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
13-Feb-2017
Hi Guys
I just landed Canada and begin to work with a LMO and work permit good for two years
My question is , will I get the LMIA's 600 scores when I apply for the CEC under EE after 12 months?
Or do I have to get a new LMIA?
I didn't see CEC mentioned about those who currently hold a LMO streamed job offer
thx

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
andrewhl said:
Hi Guys
I just landed Canada and begin to work with a LMO and work permit good for two years
My question is , will I get the LMIA's 600 scores when I apply for the CEC under EE after 12 months?
Or do I have to get a new LMIA?
I didn't see CEC mentioned about those who currently hold a LMO streamed job offer
thx
The positive LMIA you gained holds good for applying PR thru CEC and will fetch you 600points.

15. Can an employer who currently employs a temporary foreign worker (TFW) use Express Entry to support their application for permanent residence?

Yes. As long as the TFW is in Canada working under a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), you can offer them a permanent job to support their application for permanent residence. Your TFW would have to create an Express Entry profile and include their job offer information. A job offer supported by an LMIA will give a candidate enough additional points and be ranked high enough to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.

If you are considering permanently hiring a TFW and you do not have a positive LMIA for the job, you will first need to make every effort to try and find a Canadian or permanent resident to fill the job opportunity. You will need to meet LMIA requirements, including posting your job ad on Employment and Social Development Canada's (ESDC) Job Bank in addition to advertising in two other places. If you have done this and have been unsuccessful in filling your job opportunity, you can apply for an LMIA for the TFW through Service Canada. The TFW would then have to create an Express Entry profile, meet the minimum criteria and include their job offer information so they get enough additional points and be ranked high enough to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.

amro375

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
He talkes about LMO not LMIA.
I am in the same position. I got LMO which is valid for another year.
But I believe this will not give me 600 points as they asks for LMIA not LMO unless LMO = LMIA???

Any thoughts on this.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
amro375 said:
But I believe this will not give me 600 points as they asks for LMIA not LMO unless LMO = LMIA???

Any thoughts on this.
Don't worry LMO == LMIA. It is only name change.

Reactions: Shahnavazkhan

susana

Nov 4, 2008
amro375 said:

Any thoughts on this.
LMO and LMIA are basically the same . lMO is old process BUT guves you the 600 points if your employer named in your wp gives you a permanent job offer.

amro375

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
susana said:
LMO and LMIA are basically the same . lMO is old process BUT guves you the 600 points if your employer named in your wp gives you a permanent job offer.
Can you give the source for this?
As i can read for EE they say you can get 600 points if you have valid job offer and later thay clarify that valid job offer is one for which they have LMIA?

So I am really confused. I have LMO, that one is valid for another year, I am getting 600 points.

Reactions: Shahnavazkhan

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
amro375 said:
Does this imply that if one already has LMO he will get 600 points for EE???
LMIA (or LMO) doesn't give you 600 points. Instead a permanent job offer from your employer which is supported by LMIA will fetch you 600 points.

So permanent job offer is mandatory for getting 600 points. If your employer is ready to offer permanent job offer, that will be great

andrewhl

Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2016
Doc's Request.
21-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
16-Nov-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016(Passed)
Passport Req..
02-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
13-Feb-2017
amro375 said:
My employer will give me permanent job offer.
But do they need to apply for LMIA
yeah i have the same question。
right now my position is for two years
if my employer is about to provide me the permanent offer instead of this one, will the original lmo still be good? or will they have to re apply for the lmia?

andrewhl

Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2016
Doc's Request.
21-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
16-Nov-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016(Passed)
Passport Req..
02-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
13-Feb-2017
amro375 said:
My employer will give me permanent job offer.
But do they need to apply for LMIA
I work in Canada temporarily, and now have a permanent job offer from my employer. Do I need a new Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)?

In most cases, your current employer does not need to re-apply to ESDC if they already got an LMIA to hire you.

For example, if you are still working for the same employer (in a skilled occupation) as listed on your work permit and that employer already got an LMIA to hire you before, they do not need to re-apply if your work permit is still valid. You would simply include a copy of your permanent job offer and the LMIA with your federal skilled worker application to CIC.

But, your new employer will need to apply to ESDC for a new LMIA to support your federal skilled worker application if one of these applies to you:

if you are working in Canada on a work permit and you have received a permanent job offer from a different employer than the one listed on your work permit, or
if you are working on an LMIA-exempt work permit that was not issued under an international agreement or a federal-provincial-territorial agreement.