16-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-11-2015
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
Hi,

Can someone please help with the complete fee structure for an applicant with a spouse? I am a little confused about the various components, i.e., processing fee, visa fee, RPRF etc.

I am married and will be applying for both myself and my wife.

A break up of various fees and components one is expected to pay for a family of two would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Anuj

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anujg said:
Hi,

Can someone please help with the complete fee structure for an applicant with a spouse? I am a little confused about the various components, i.e., processing fee, visa fee, RPRF etc.

A break up of various fees and components one is expected to pay for a family of two would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Anuj
There are only two fees. The first, which you must send with your PR application, is $550 CAD each, or $1100 total. The second, which you may send in with your PR application, or may pay when requested later in the process, is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), and it's $490CAD each, or $980. The total is $2080 in application fees.

The only other expenses are for pictures, police certificates, medical examinations, the IELTS or other language test, an ECA for your education if you were educated outside Canada, and mailing costs. The IELTS and ECA will give you extra points if they are done for both of you (and your spouse is well educated and speaks English and/or French well) but they only HAVE to be done for you. The rest are for both of you. It's impossible to tell you what that will cost as costs differ by location and choice of doctor/evaluation service/language test.

Anujg

Apr 21, 2015
New Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-11-2015
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
dobes said:
There are only two fees. The first, which you must send with your PR application, is $550 CAD each, or $1100 total. The second, which you may send in with your PR application, or may pay when requested later in the process, is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), and it's $490CAD each, or $980. The total is $2080 in application fees.

The only other expenses are for pictures, police certificates, medical examinations, the IELTS or other language test, an ECA for your education if you were educated outside Canada, and mailing costs. The IELTS and ECA will give you extra points if they are done for both of you (and your spouse is well educated and speaks English and/or French well) but they only HAVE to be done for you. The rest are for both of you. It's impossible to tell you what that will cost as costs differ by location and choice of doctor/evaluation service/language test.
This is really helpful! Thanks a ton Dobes. And congratulations for your PPR.

JonesM

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it OK to pay both processing and RPRF using somebody else credit card? Or should be under applicant's name?

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JonesM said:
Is it OK to pay both processing and RPRF using somebody else credit card? Or should be under applicant's name?
you can pay using other's credit card too; no objection by cic on that :)

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anujg said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Anuj
For one person
Application fee $550 CAD
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): $490 CAD
Total : $550+$490 = $1040 CAD

For two it would be $1040 x 2 = $2080 CAD

:)