+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Total CRS scores calculations

ammu134

Apr 10, 2016
Hi All,

Need urgent help!!!!

I have calculated my CRS score from cic.ca site and it’s coming around 300+ points based on my language, education and experience etc. Even I get top score in language, total comes up less than 400.

So I am confused now and thinking that I am missing something.

Can someone please help me to understand point system please.

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Hi All,

Need urgent help!!!!

I have calculated my CRS score from cic.ca site and it’s coming around 300+ points based on my language, education and experience etc. Even I get top score in language, total comes up less than 400.

If you have used the CIC CRS calculator then that is more or less your expected CRS score. Are you sure you populated all the fields accurately?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi All,

Need urgent help!!!!

Hi,
Score depends on so many factors. Maybe you can provide more details and I can help you with score calculation and tell you if something is wrong or what you can do to increase the score. What is your age, education (ECA), ielts score, years of work experience? If you're married then adding spouse's IELTS and education (ECA) will add more points.

ammu134

Apr 10, 2016
Hi,
Score depends on so many factors. Maybe you can provide more details and I can help you with score calculation and tell you if something is wrong or what you can do to increase the score. What is your age, education (ECA), ielts score, years of work experience? If you're married then adding spouse's IELTS and education (ECA) will add more points.

Thanks for info... my details are ( In same order) 32/B.Tech/7 Band/9+ and my wife education and IELTS band is 6.

Please suggest

ammu134

Apr 10, 2016
If you have used the CIC CRS calculator then that is more or less your expected CRS score. Are you sure you populated all the fields accurately?
I think so as I have rechecked it. Will do it again with fresh mind may be...

Thanks

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Thanks for info... my details are ( In same order) 32/B.Tech/7 Band/9+ and my wife education and IELTS band is 6.

Please suggest

Based on the information you have given me I can see that your score is less than 400. You need to get a CLB 9 or 10 in ielts. Band 7 is not enough. I would recommend you get ECA done for your wife too...if she has a bachelors it will be a big bonus. It is absolutely important for your wife to improve her IELTS. It will add a lot of points to your score. But inspite of that your score would go upto 415-420 only. Unfortunately since you don't have masters your score will remain low.

Depending on how seriously you want to chase the Canada dream you can consider doing a 1 year distance course from a WES recognised university. This will push you up to 432. Along with the distance degree if you were to show spouse as unaccompanying (you can sponsor her later) ...you have the potential to go upto 455-460.

Edit: You must ensure you have a valid reason for showing spouse as non-accompanying.

Last edited:

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Based on the information you have given me I can see that your score is 400. I would recommend you get ECA done for your wife too...if she has a bachelors it will be a big bonus. It is absolutely important for your wife to improve her IELTS. It will add a lot of points to your score. But inspite of that your score would go upto 415-420 only. Unfortunately since you don't have masters your score will remain low.

Depending on how seriously you want to chase the Canada dream you can consider doing a 1 year distance course from a WES recognised university. This will push you up to 432. Along with the distance degree if you were to show spouse as unaccompanying (you can sponsor her later) ...you have the potential to go upto 455-460.
Can he do that? Like not have his wife accompany him? Inam not sure whether its legit? Also I am sure IRCC might need a solid reason to see why the dependent(s ) are not accompanying the PA...

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Can he do that? Like not have his wife accompany him? Inam not sure whether its legit? Also I am sure IRCC might need a solid reason to see why the dependent(s ) are not accompanying the PA...
Yes he can do it. It is not a must to have your spouse accompany you. It is legit. It's a personal option

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
He needs to ensure that he has a valid reason for it. But I am just letting him know that its an option.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can he do that? Like not have his wife accompany him? Inam not sure whether its legit? Also I am sure IRCC might need a solid reason to see why the dependent(s ) are not accompanying the PA...[/QUOTE]

Not at all, the applicant can simply say that the spouse is not accompanying so his score is competitive enough to get an ITA and that he plans to sponsor the spouse later on.

Nothing illegal here as long as he does not declare himself as single

Reactions: prpurohit