+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto vs Calgary vs Vancouver vs Ottawa - Where to land

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
no no no, Vancouver and Toronto are the worst for rent, one bedroom apartment in a high rise building that is built after 2003 goes for 1700-2200 depending on your location in the Greater Vancouver Area. NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that Calgary is doing the same...
it's all relative. If both partners have decent jobs, paying 2k rent isn't a biggie. On the other hand, if both are jobless, or one's employed with average/below average pay, can get tough.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no no no, Vancouver and Toronto are the worst for rent, one bedroom apartment in a high rise building that is built after 2003 goes for 1700-2200 depending on your location in the Greater Vancouver Area. NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that Calgary is doing the same...
I would say taxes are going nuts instead (not rent)! For example, in Vancouver, non-principal homes are being taxed as empty homes by both the municipal and provincial governments and for properties worth more than 3 million dollars, an additional school tax would be applied.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would say taxes are going nuts instead (not rent)! For example, in Vancouver, non-principal homes are being taxed as empty homes by both the municipal and provincial governments and for properties worth more than 3 million dollars, an additional school tax would be applied.
That is to encourage people to rent out their empty properties.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is to encourage people to rent out their empty properties.
School tax has nothing to do with encouraging people to rent out their empty properties! Besides, non-principal doesn't always mean they are empty!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
School tax has nothing to do with encouraging people to rent out their empty properties! Besides, non-principal doesn't always mean they are empty!
Was replaying to the fact that empty homes are being taxed. They are being taxed in order to encourage people to rent them out if they are sitting there empty for years.

Bhargav1611

Mar 11, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
Nomination.....
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
06-03-2019
Med's Request
19-04-2019
Med's Done....
09-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-09-2019
Hi,

I have received my PPR on 12th Sept and I expect my processes passports with CoPR will be delivered to me in the next 2-3 days.

I have to decide now when to land in Canada - either mid October or early January.

The reason for this dilemma is that I fear most of the job market would be closed or very slow from mid November onwards till the new year (festive period - people on holiday, end of financial year etc.) and I won't have enough time to land a job by then.
So is it better to land in January when the holiday season is over and hiring would have restarted?

Satti

Sep 30, 2018
Hi All,

I work as a Business Analyst(Banking and Wealth Management domain) and I have an experience of 9+ years after completing Post graduation(MCA). I have entered the pool and my current CRS is 359. I am looking for PNP options while preparing to retake IELTS again in parallel.

At this point in time, I am not sure which Province in Canada has good amount of opportunities for Business Analysts. Since my CRS of 359 is very less, applying for OINP is not possible. So I am looking for your valuable suggestions to choose a Province to apply for a PNP. Few suggested me to apply for SINP and Alberta Nomination programs.

So I want to seek you valuable inputs and suggestions on these options and any other alternate possible options especially to work as a Business Analyst. Also please advise on the climate in those provinces as I am from India where climate is temperate but not continental.

Any inputs will be really grateful.