+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto Pearson Airport Mandatory Testing

tahewo

Nov 11, 2020
Hello,

It was announced that mandatory testing will be imposed from Feb 01. What does this mean for travellers whose final destination is not Ontario
and Ontario is just a stop to their final destination?

I have to catch a connecting flight 6 hours after arriving in Ontario.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Hello,

It was announced that mandatory testing will be imposed from Feb 01. What does this mean for travellers whose final destination is not Ontario

It's a grey area, wait for a while to get some clarity. Calling for anyone who has a clear idea to share their views along with the source.

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
The results you get 2-3 days later. The intention is that if they can detect those that are positive they can notify them as soon as possible so they take the necessary precautions and steps to not infect others. It's very confusing but there are provincial measures and federal measures. They are different. The Ontario testing measures start Feb 1st but no one knows yet when the federal measures start.

In several weeks time the goal is to have those that arrive stay in a hotel while they await their test results in one of the four ports of entry.

What no one knows and is unclear is whether
a) You can take a connection after the 3 days in a hotel and quarantine at final destination?
b) Whether university run residence/hotel quarantine programmes will be allowed to continue to run or do all students have to spend 3 days in a hotel first?

Reactions: Ironclad

Arsh Josan

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
The results you get 2-3 days later. The intention is that if they can detect those that are positive they can notify them as soon as possible so they take the necessary precautions and steps to not infect others. It's very confusing but there are provincial measures and federal measures. They are different. The Ontario testing measures start Feb 1st but no one knows yet when the federal measures start.

In several weeks time the goal is to have those that arrive stay in a hotel while they await their test results in one of the four ports of entry.

What no one knows and is unclear is whether
a) You can take a connection after the 3 days in a hotel and quarantine at final destination?
b) Whether university run residence/hotel quarantine programmes will be allowed to continue to run or do all students have to spend 3 days in a hotel first?
Hi I have a flight on 7 feb, New Delhi to Toronto, A am going to quarantine in a hotel, I have to give a CORONA test, but I will not be forced to stay at any government hotel.

DCA

Sep 14, 2020
Hey. I'm flying in the next days and am also concerned about it... I've a connection in TO.
If someone is going to travel in a couple of days, please share your experience. Thx!

AcademicProfessor

Dec 6, 2020
Hello,

You cannot catch the next flight till atleast 3 days until the results come

Whofears

Oct 29, 2020
This information is not accurate. I didn't find where they say that it has been implemented already - but in the next coming up weeks.
It’s yet to be implemented. Although Ontario govt has started mandatory Covid19 test for all international travelers into Toronto airport from yesterday. The federal government rule will commence from midnight tomorrow but no comment yet on the modalities for 3-day quarantine or C$2k payment. Perhaps by end of the week, further info will be released

DCA

Sep 14, 2020
I see... And for those who have only connection in TO? Should we see w/ the airline to try to reroute it? Thx.

Reactions: Whofears

Whofears

Oct 29, 2020
I see... And for those who have only connection in TO? Should we see w/ the airline to try to reroute it? Thx.
Airlines are also confused at this point. They haven’t started canceling transfers from Toronto yet. I guess they are waiting for updates from the government. My wife is taking my daughter to school this weekend; landing at Toronto but destination is Edmonton. Fingers crossed

Reactions: DCA