+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto October Applicants

ankar37

Nov 2, 2017
Hi all,

Just wondering if most of you guys received AOR and got status changed to In Process.

I got my AOR on Nov. 9, and still waiting for In-Process status. Single, 1460 days.

I have been patient but even my friend who applied at the same time got In-Process status a while ago.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi all,

Just wondering if most of you guys received AOR and got status changed to In Process.

I got my AOR on Nov. 9, and still waiting for In-Process status. Single, 1460 days.

I have been patient but even my friend who applied at the same time got In-Process status a while ago.
3 months is unusual for status to change from "App received" to "In Process". Did you try calling them and inquiring about it ?

Maybe application is in process, just ECAS didn't update ?

ankar37

Nov 2, 2017
3 months is unusual for status to change from "App received" to "In Process". Did you try calling them and inquiring about it ?

Maybe application is in process, just ECAS didn't update ?
I did call them and all i got is that processing time is 12 months... Looks like I am the unlucky one.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I did call them and all i got is that processing time is 12 months... Looks like I am the unlucky one.
I would say call again. Some agents are willing to dig through the GCMS notes and tell us exactly what's going on. On the other hand, if your application is just sitting in Sydney, GCMS notes won't show anything. Alternatively. you could try ordering your notes for free, takes 31 days or more to receive them.

Where to order GCMS notes ?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
(requests made under the Privacy Act are free)

ankar37

Nov 2, 2017
I would say call again. Some agents are willing to dig through the GCMS notes and tell us exactly what's going on. On the other hand, if your application is just sitting in Sydney, GCMS notes won't show anything. Alternatively. you could try ordering your notes for free, takes 31 days or more to receive them.

Where to order GCMS notes ?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
(requests made under the Privacy Act are free)
wow, i guess you learn something new everyday, thank you so much, will do.

flyerfan

May 15, 2012
On the other hand, if your application is just sitting in Sydney, GCMS notes won't show anything. Alternatively. you could try ordering your notes for free, takes 31 days or more to receive them.
Just to add, I happen to call CIC on Jan 31 for clarification on a question I had, so I decided to ask the agent if she would tell me where my application is holding (It went into process Jan 3rd), her reply: Although your file says "in process" it hasn't moved yet from Sydney and was not transferred to your local office, but it looks like it will be transferred shortly

I also asked her what my local office would be and she said Mississauga! I live 3 blocks from the St Clair office oh well.

Reactions: Pcanadian

ankar37

Nov 2, 2017
I called just now and my application is still in Sydney, and I was told it will eventually be in Scarborough Office..

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Just to add, I happen to call CIC on Jan 31 for clarification on a question I had, so I decided to ask the agent if she would tell me where my application is holding (It went into process Jan 3rd), her reply: Although your file says "in process" it hasn't moved yet from Sydney and was not transferred to your local office, but it looks like it will be transferred shortly

I also asked her what my local office would be and she said Mississauga! I live 3 blocks from the St Clair office oh well.
I got the same answer when I called a few days ago - I thought it was just the agent not knowing what she was doing, but now it looks it’s common that the files are still in Sydney even though the status is IP....

Anyway, I hope it is part of the new process to reduce the workload of local office by having some processing done in Sydney before transferring to local offices ... otherwise it would be really disappointing, as my status has been IP for two months now

Krutika

Star Member
May 5, 2016
I got the same answer when I called a few days ago - I thought it was just the agent not knowing what she was doing, but now it looks it’s common that the files are still in Sydney even though the status is IP....

Anyway, I hope it is part of the new process to reduce the workload of local office by having some processing done in Sydney before transferring to local offices ... otherwise it would be really disappointing, as my status has been IP for two months now
Hey, what number are you guys using to call for a status ..?

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
i received Aor Nov 7 and IP Dec 8, No update since, I am in Scarborough but local office could be St.Clair since both offices are 25 minute drive, Today is 60 days since IP and no update which sucks but i am OK with if i get test invite March thats my prayer.

but CIC will tell all callers with AOR routinely app proccess is 12 Months and they cant do anything because they dont want to get conflict of intergrety with local offices before 12 months which might sound like speeding up applications which is unfair to same day applicants.

If OP is worried about lost app you should get to see GCMS/ATIP record for peace of mind and get over with, but i am certain 99% your app is just IN PROCESS.

Last edited:

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.