+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto Neighborhoods - WHERE DO I GO ?

Shaani

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Hello Everyone

I am planning to land with my family in the end of October 2013, it would be great if some one could help me out. I had couple of queries in mind.

1. If i plan to stay for 3 months, what are the terms and conditions of rental agreement since i'll be landing for the first time with no credit history.
2. Secondly how much advance rent am i suppose to pay.
3. Thirdly can i extend my stay with the landlord, since it would be difficult for me to sure initially without actually landing in a particular community or area where i would like to further extend my stay.

Regards
Shaani

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Hi shaani,

If u come alone initially and then ur family join after 2 to 3 months, that will be better

There will be too cold in october to feb, so prepare urself and plan accordingly

If u have relatives, it will be better to take help.

Shaani said:
Hello Everyone

I am planning to land with my family in the end of October 2013, it would be great if some one could help me out. I had couple of queries in mind.

1. If i plan to stay for 3 months, what are the terms and conditions of rental agreement since i'll be landing for the first time with no credit history.
3. Thirdly can i extend my stay with the landlord, since it would be difficult for me to sure initially without actually landing in a particular community or area where i would like to further extend my stay.

Regards
Shaani

Shaani

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Thanks CoolGuy.

I know its going to be cold, but cant really help it. The family is going to be accompanying me. I have a daughter who is 5 yrs old and son who is 1.8 yrs old thats the only thing which bothers me the weather. Anyhow it would be great if you could share some information as to my earlier queries namely;

1. The terms and conditions for renting out a basement or a 1 bedroom apartment / condo.
2. As a practice if i stay for 3 months how much advance or Security rent has to be submitted / deposited.

Regards
Shaani

coolguy2010 said:
Hi shaani,

If u come alone initially and then ur family join after 2 to 3 months, that will be better

There will be too cold in october to feb, so prepare urself and plan accordingly

If u have relatives, it will be better to take help.

TAPTATANU

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dlhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Nov-2011
Doc's Request.
send with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2012
IELTS Request
04-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2012
Med's Request
24-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2012
Shaani said:
Hello Everyone

Regards
Shaani
Normally for basements there r no rental agreements .If you have to take 1 bedroom basement it will cost you 700CAD and for 2 bedroom basement it will cost you around 800-850 CAD.
Don"t go for rental agreement as landlords also don"t want to do agreements,they want to keep them safe from CRA .
You have to give first and last month rent in advance.In Etobicoke area near Humber college I always see lots of advertisements in bus stands.You will get lots of Indian families in Etobicoke area near Humber college .Area is really nice and safe. The month before you want to leave you should inform landlord regarding this .Try to take rental receipt from your landlord as you will get some monthly benefit from CRA from next year of landing.