+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto housing market bursting bubble ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would say bursting is way too strong a word. There is some cooling happening as a result of the recent new rules introduced - but nothing is crashing (at least not yet). Prices are still very high. And they have also increased from January to February of this year. So month over month - prices are actually increasing (not decreasing).

There are still many properties going into bidding wars and over asking offers - both houses and condos. House up the street from me the was listed last week for 1.8 and went for 2.4 with 14 bidders on Tuesday (I thought that was high - but not my money).

So certainly not bursting now. Of course who knows where we'll be a year from now...

Reactions: fswevaluation

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
I would say bursting is way too strong a word. There is some cooling happening as a result of the recent new rules introduced - but nothing is crashing (at least not yet). Prices are still very high. And they have also increased from January to February of this year. So month over month - prices are actually increasing (not decreasing).

There are still many properties going into bidding wars and over asking offers - both houses and condos. House up the street from me the was listed last week for 1.8 and went for 2.4 with 14 bidders on Tuesday (I thought that was high - but not my money).

So certainly not bursting now. Of course who knows where we'll be a year from now...
I respect your opinion a lot but continuous prices are unsustainable and it will have to stop, else only the ultr rich with deep pockets will be able to buy

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reactions: fswevaluation