+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto (GTA) Networking

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I am an old member of this forum, seen many good times & depression times & happy times during the process of application. Finally received visa and landed on 16 July, 2013. So here i came into the new world landed in Mississauga, got no friends & relative in Canada. started planning & Job searching right away. could not find any survival job till now. here everyone talks about networking & reference. We all forum members keep good contact and we lost somewhere in survival issues and loose forum contact.

Here i am posting this thread to initiate a networking opportunity for all of us who have landed in Toronto (GTA) to group ourselves, help each other in job search & in job placement. People use to say on forum that here people are friendly but i only find this behavior in conversation only. May be my experience is not that good as others. but it is like that for me.

Just group ourselves help each other to find leads, jobs, placements. Just post any job you come across. Get yourself in & then get others in as well.

I have just completed my Security Guard course & got license as well in order to get at least security job. But still facing some difficulty in getting job as good companies require Driving license or a car.

Please come & join hands to help each other. I am available whatever i can help you guys, right now i can only provide advice on security training company which one is better or which one to choose.

Regards,

Toocareless1

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
TooCareless1 said:
Dear All,

I am an old member of this forum, seen many good times & depression times & happy times during the process of application. Finally received visa and landed on 16 July, 2013. So here i came into the new world landed in Mississauga, got no friends & relative in Canada. started planning & Job searching right away. could not find any survival job till now. here everyone talks about networking & reference. We all forum members keep good contact and we lost somewhere in survival issues and loose forum contact.

Here i am posting this thread to initiate a networking opportunity for all of us who have landed in Toronto (GTA) to group ourselves, help each other in job search & in job placement. People use to say on forum that here people are friendly but i only find this behavior in conversation only. May be my experience is not that good as others. but it is like that for me.

Just group ourselves help each other to find leads, jobs, placements. Just post any job you come across. Get yourself in & then get others in as well.

I have just completed my Security Guard course & got license as well in order to get at least security job. But still facing some difficulty in getting job as good companies require Driving license or a car.

Please come & join hands to help each other. I am available whatever i can help you guys, right now i can only provide advice on security training company which one is better or which one to choose.

Regards,

Toocareless1
I am also planning to land in October End and have no relatives or friends there !! Reading you post bit worried about job position.

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to worry about anything, if you have come that long, come here and try your luck,

Every individual has his own story and fate.

Be positive come and give your best shot.

Regards,

Jaxx

Feb 15, 2014
TooCareless1 said:
Dear All,

Regards,

Toocareless1
Hello guys

So how are you doing by now? Have yoy got jobs already?
Toocareless1, how did you get you permit and what kind of permit is it? How did you do it without a previous job offer?
How was the Security Guard course?

Looking forward reading from you.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TooCareless1 said:

Toocareless1
There was a time when security guard course was a guarantee to get as job. Not any more. I will not recommend anyone to rely on this occupation. Even with car most of job aspirants do not get enough hours to make a living. I will say people only get 15hrs of job in a week and rest of week they are left to fend for themselves.

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all, Still working in security from past 5 months. getting full hours 40-50 per week. If anyone is having difficulty getting job in security please let me know. i can forward your resume to my company.
Still unable to find reasonable job. Its tough here and everyone has to test his luck. some people do get reasonably well job here. Try your luck friends.

Thanks

freewilly

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
May 2013//Newborn's MR in Mar 2014
Med's Done....
28th May 2013///Newborn's MED done on 28 Mar 2014
Passport Req..
Sent on 10th Jan 2014// Newborns PP sent on 30th Mar 2014
TooCareless1 said:
Dear all, Still working in security from past 5 months. getting full hours 40-50 per week. If anyone is having difficulty getting job in security please let me know. i can forward your resume to my company.
Still unable to find reasonable job. Its tough here and everyone has to test his luck. some people do get reasonably well job here. Try your luck friends.

Thanks
You are doing a great job trying to help others. Hats off! I was told by a known that I can take a security guard job there till i get a good job but after completing some course. Could you tell me what course would i need to do to get inti this. How much time will it take n how much.... Costs?

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
26 Nov 2010 (2nd Aor Date)
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
Feb to July is a lean period for jobs across sectors.

My advise is to take what comes your way and carve out a new career . Dont hang on to your education and experience from back home.

Worked for me !!

I just completed 6 months here in Canada (Mississauga) and we are glad we moved here. I took the first job that came my way in a week of landing and making a career out of it by enhancing my skills. For now, my savings from back home are intact, I break even with my cost of living and its only getting better with car, new furniture, quality of living etc.

Wicked Blues

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2012
Hello everyone. First I would like to congratulate TooCareless1 for doing such a good job by helping others. Its just been a year that I came to Toronto and boy things certainly are quite tough and different here. The way I am looking at it is that nothing is easy in life and life is tough. People immigrate here for a better life but things are not as rosy as we thought but now there is no looking back and wasting time with those thoughts. I would say to everyone that giving up is not an option and there are tough times in life and this is the reality of life.

Keep on trying in the right direction and one can succeed but it does take time and a positive attitude. Just remember failure is not an option. I am not very regular on this forum but if anyone would like any help with suggestions or advise than feel free to send me a PM. Hope this helps everyone.

Samnov

Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Doc's Request.
04.12.2013 additional doc requested 22.05.2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Hi guys,
I'm still waiting for PPR, but looking already for a place in GTA.
How much is rent in Mississauga 1-2 br apart. No basement. And how looks
A job for cooks?

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 bed is from 1000-1200$ and 2 Bed apt from 1300-1500$ depending upon the location and condition.

Samnov

Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Doc's Request.
04.12.2013 additional doc requested 22.05.2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
TooCareless1 said:
1 bed is from 1000-1200$ and 2 Bed apt from 1300-1500$ depending upon the location and condition.
Thanks,
Is it possible to rent from airside beforehand or I have to be there.

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It saddens to see more and more people are landing without doing any research on Canadian job market!!