+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto-Best place to get a survival job

jothibkappil

Oct 19, 2013
Hi All
I am planning to land in Toronto in May last week 2014 with my family(wife and 2 kids - 5 years and 6 months). I would like to know about the best place to start living.Best in terms of of following

Monthly rental - 800-1000 CAD
1 Bed Room s enough.
Near By school, hospital
Place where I can easily get a survival job.
Place where Mixed community people are living including Indians(I am coming from Bangalore)
Thanks in advance
Jothi

jothibkappil

Oct 19, 2013
Thank you very much for the quick response.
Hospital proximity is not an important one. Please advise me on others. :) :

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on your requirements Jane and Finch is a good match. There is a mixed community there and also a strong presence of South Indians. Schools and hospital is near by, getting a survival job in the area will also be easy

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
Yes..... except it's Jane and Finch.

I was going to suggest somewhere near Scarborough Town Centre as there are always survival job opportunities near a big mall. However the rent would be slightly higher, but it may be worth it in the long run.

manojimperial

Mar 30, 2014
I saw your post and concern about moving from home country, There are many guys in the community who can help you to settle in Canada (pickup from airport, look for accommodation, helping with paper works and opening new bank account etc) as per your need. You can opt one of them to be free from all stress.

jothibkappil

Oct 19, 2013
Hi Manoj

Whats your service charge you are expecting.
Please list the charges against the service you are offering?
Thanks with Regards
Jothi Kumar

wiz_kid

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
30-12-2011
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
03-02-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-03-2012 (RPRF draft en-cashed 19-April-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-03-2012 (DM since 26-April-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
15-Feb-2013
One piece of advice Stay safe from Jane and Finch, Although Scarb. has good south indian community but its either tamil or Telgu. kannadiga its tough.

I would suggest either go to Missisauga/Brampton or in Dwntown Toronto.

Both have there own benefit.

Jobs totally depends on your trade/ strategy and communication skills.

First decide on area you want to go to after landing to and then proceed with other things.

I never heard/ experienced people who offer professional help , so cant comment on that; will say just be safe of online fraud.

Good lUck.

srinids

Dec 7, 2009
manojimperial said:
I saw your post and concern about moving from home country, There are many guys in the community who can help you to settle in Canada (pickup from airport, look for accommodation, helping with paper works and opening new bank account etc) as per your need. You can opt one of them to be free from all stress.
I am also interested in case if people can help us settle in canada.We are moving by July and would like to do my homework for easy settlement.
Srini

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
newtone said:
Based on your requirements Jane and Finch is a good match. There is a mixed community there and also a strong presence of South Indians. Schools and hospital is near by, getting a survival job in the area will also be easy
please say it was a joke...

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No its not a joke and I am serious. Based on OP requirements J&F is the ideal place. Mind you there are other people who live there too. Its not like living in the middle of the Sahara desert

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
newtone said:
No its not a joke and I am serious. Based on OP requirements J&F is the ideal place. Mind you there are other people who live there too. Its not like living in the middle of the Sahara desert
what about the frequent shootings which occur over there? this area is known for violence amongst gangs.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shootings and gang warfare is everywhere. Jane and Finch is over rated that way.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know, so is the shooting in the most unlikely places and neighbourhoods