+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Torned landed paper

Husseinsyed

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
I torn my landed paper in to pieces by mistake..... What should i do now? I have all 4 pieces with me and i can rearrange it on scotch tape. Please give me the advice because im waiting for my citizenship exam as i applied for citizenship in December last year. Should i apply for a new one or just rearrange the old one?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
You wont get a new COPR. That is your only original copy of COPR. Since it is ripped up, technically it is no longer a valid document. It is not like you can tape together a $5 bill together and still be a legal tender. You need to apply for a "record of landing" document as a substitute for your COPR replacement.

Husseinsyed

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
I have scanned copies of it and with scotch tape it look likes perfect. Does it will work for citizenship test along with scanned copies? Because Record of Landing will take 6 months to be issued.....

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Husseinsyed said:
I have scanned copies of it and with scotch tape it look likes perfect. Does it will work for citizenship test along with scanned copies? Because Record of Landing will take 6 months to be issued.....
CIC will have your COPR record on file with your Pr card info. However you will need a "record of landing" document to collect old age pension.

I wouldnt worry too much.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Husseinsyed said:
I torn my landed paper in to pieces by mistake..... What should i do now? I have all 4 pieces with me and i can rearrange it on scotch tape. Please give me the advice because im waiting for my citizenship exam as i applied for citizenship in December last year. Should i apply for a new one or just rearrange the old one?
May be I'm wrong but I think you can pay fee and get a copy of "Landed Certificate". Please investigate with the concerned department.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for a replacement and keep the torned one with you

Husseinsyed

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
When i went for replacement they want me to give them the torned one. I refused to do so and I'm planning to go with my torned one on interview(which i rearranged perfectlly on a scotch tape)

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Husseinsyed said:
When i went for replacement they want me to give them the torned one. I refused to do so and I'm planning to go with my torned one on interview(which i rearranged perfectlly on a scotch tape)

May be you can send them ONLY photo copy of the landing certificate. Its very likely they want to verify you indeed had that, possibly that will help them to issue is quickly.

Alternatively, you keep a copy along with the letter sent by CIC as a proof and send them torn pieces taped with a request to issue copy.

Husseinsyed

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Today was my citizenship test/interview and i presented my torned landing paper which i rearranged on scotch tape and the officer accepted it and she said if it is readable its ok.

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't get it why do people ask for advice if they are not going to value that.

Husseinsyed

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
nubee said:
I don't get it why do people ask for advice if they are not going to value that.
I think i didn't wrote the whole story. i applied for duplicate and it took 4-6 months so i got the receipt but the point i wanted to make in my previous post was, the interviewer didn't asked me to show her duplicate. so is it ok to show the torn one as long as it is readable.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
I don't think it's an issue considering that you can take its photocopy carefully like a single document.

My COPR says I landed in 2010 while in reality I landed in 2011 - I personally do not worry much.