+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TOPICS; IELTS and CLB

Gravity

May 18, 2010
Hello ALL

So far we have been discussing scores of IELTS and CLB.
those WHO HAVE ALREADY APPEARED IN ABOVE STATED ASSESSMENTS CAN ALSO SHARE, GENERALLY, WHAT TOPIC
WE GET FOR WRITING & SPEAKING IN GENERAL TESTS ; ESPECIALLY IN CLB . IS IT EASY THAN IELTS OR NO"?

YOU VALUABLE INFO CAN BE BENEFICIAL TO US ALL? THANK YOU

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
There is no such exam as CLB
CLB is a conversion system used by CIC
i.e your IELTS scored will be converted using the CLB metric
You are required to take the IELTS test only

I hope this helps

Gravity

May 18, 2010
Hello Kitau, you are partly correct. It is a Canadian Language Benchmark assessment Test for new comers to Canada; which has different levels.
For a person like me, who has taken IELTS 3 yrs back and don't need any admission in any university have to take this test as to enter in job domain. In few cases I heard even this CLBA is not required if you prove that you English is advanced. As I have an international exposure so for me CLBA is good enough. Regards
http://www.immigrantservicescalgary.ca/how-can-we-help/english-language-information

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
Gravity said:
Hello Kitau, you are partly correct. It is a Canadian Language Benchmark assessment Test for new comers to Canada; which has different levels.
For a person like me, who has taken IELTS 3 yrs back and don't need any admission in any university have to take this test as to enter in job domain. In few cases I heard even this CLBA is not required if you prove that you English is advanced. As I have an international exposure so for me CLBA is good enough. Regards
http://www.immigrantservicescalgary.ca/how-can-we-help/english-language-information

Hi Gravity,

I am currently planning to apply for a Child Care Staff Certificate in Alberta and they require an original CLBA. I had my IELTS exam in 2010 as part of my PR application to Canada. I have been living in Canada for 4 years now. Do I really need to take this CLB assessment test or can my IELTS results be assessed by the CLBA-IELTS equivalency chart? I can't find any information about this and I would love not to have to take an English exam again after thus many years in Canada.

I appreciate any kind if information.

Regards,
Christine

Jun 24, 2016
Hi,

Can anyone help to understand more about CLB exam. Is there any training program which helps in preparing CLB exam and is it available in Singapore.

Lakesyde

Nov 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
XX17
App. Filed.......
XX-03-2014 (MPNP)
Nomination.....
XX-08-2015
AOR Received.
XX-01-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
XX-06-2017
Med's Done....
XX-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
XX--07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
XX--08-2017
LANDED..........
28-09-2017
SudhirJategaonkar said:
Hi,

Can anyone help to understand more about CLB exam. Is there any training program which helps in preparing CLB exam and is it available in Singapore.
Can u read some of the responses to this post again? you have been told that Canadian Language benchmark (CLB) is not an Exam. your scores in the English exam you sit for (e.g IELTS) will determine where you fall on CLB Chart.

See the chart tru the link below

http://www.cicsimmigration.com/canadian-immigration-information/express-entry/language-test-equivalency-charts-clb-to-ielts-tef-celpip-clb-chart/

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lakesyde said:
Can u read some of the responses to this post again? you have been told that Canadian Language benchmark (CLB) is not an Exam. your scores in the English exam you sit for (e.g IELTS) will determine where you fall on CLB Chart.

See the chart tru the link below

http://www.cicsimmigration.com/canadian-immigration-information/express-entry/language-test-equivalency-charts-clb-to-ielts-tef-celpip-clb-chart/
Actually, the link OP posted does specifically mention the "Canadian Language Benchmarks Assessment (CLBA)".
"CLBA is a task-based assessment designed to determine the English as a Second Language proficiency of adults in listening, speaking, reading and writing."