+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Took FOIA with you to the interview? Let's share.

Beginner2012

Jan 25, 2017
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017 Received on 02-02-2017
Hi Everyone,
This space is for whoever has presented or willing to present the FOIA report during the citizenship interview.
When I printed my FOIA report, it came on a white sheet showing only the entry dates to USA. Is this an acceptable form since it does not show any indication about the source of the document?

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Beginner2012 said:
Hi Everyone,
This space is for whoever has presented or willing to present the FOIA report during the citizenship interview.
When I printed my FOIA report, it came on a white sheet showing only the entry dates to USA. Is this an acceptable form since it does not show any indication about the source of the document?
I got my FOIA and sent it along with my RQ documents. It showed all the entries and exits. The format was different from CBSA report but you have to correlate it with your entries and exits to understand it. I'm not sure if it helped but the interviewer did not ask for it during my interview. She said they have all the details that they need to make the decision.
I applied March 2014 and got my citizenship in may 2015. I got RQ due to extensive travel to both US and home country. I had to send a cover letter explaining the reasons for my travel. I even had two travels extendingredients to 68 and 69 days each. Apart from several different small travels.
So all the best with your FOIA. Please check if you have mentioned all the dates that is there in FOIA. If not do not present it. FOIA is not a requirement. So any documentation you present to cic should be carefully selected.

xalam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
My app is in process Im waiting for test invite, since Im missing 1 entry to the stats and all the entries to canada I applied for FOIA, I will take it with me to the interview

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Beginner2012 said:
Hi Everyone,
Did you print i94 records or proper FOIA detailed records?

Beginner2012

Jan 25, 2017
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
thecoolguysam said:
Did you print i94 records or proper FOIA detailed records?
I printed FOIA detailed record. It shows only entry dates without any reference to the source of information. How to get a document that shows the source?

Beginner2012

Jan 25, 2017
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
washington.state said:
No need to take Randichod only take documents mentioned in invite letter.
I do have one entry stamp to USA that is not clear. So I wanted to prepare myself to mitigate this risk.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Beginner2012 said:
I printed FOIA detailed record. It shows only entry dates without any reference to the source of information. How to get a document that shows the source?
What exact source you are looking for? What do you want to reference it to?

Usually this is what it shows on the header of each page:

NAME DOB DATE TIME AGN RSLT TYP REF LANE API DIM

Beginner2012

Jan 25, 2017
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
thecoolguysam said:
What exact source you are looking for? What do you want to reference it to?

Usually this is what it shows on the header of each page:

NAME DOB DATE TIME AGN RSLT TYP REF LANE API DIM
How reliable is a document that have only a table showing entries without indicating the issuing authority? I was trying to find whether someone else has managed to request a FOIA with a title block similar to the CBSA report.
Thank you for your reply

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Beginner2012 said:
How reliable is a document that have only a table showing entries without indicating the issuing authority? I was trying to find whether someone else has managed to request a FOIA with a title block similar to the CBSA report.
Thank you for your reply
Usually FOIA records are accurate however the headers are like the ones i mentioned in my previous post. They are not as formatted as CBSA report. I ordered it and it is the way it is.

Beginner2012

Jan 25, 2017
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
thecoolguysam said:
Usually FOIA records are accurate however the headers are like the ones i mentioned in my previous post. They are not as formatted as CBSA report. I ordered it and it is the way it is.
Thank you.