Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Hey there,

The organization I hope to work with requires that I sit for the TOEFL exam. The issue is that I notice almost everybody is talking about IELTS exams and I am therefore wondering whether my target organization is the only one asking for TOEFL scores. With regards to this, do other educational institutions and employers recognize TOEFL as well as IELTS (after all they are testing the same thing) or am I better off sitting for both exams??? ??? ??? ???

Thanks in advance.

Darrppy78

gmail04

Jan 10, 2013
Darrppy78 said:
Hey there,

The organization I hope to work with requires that I sit for the TOEFL exam. The issue is that I notice almost everybody is talking about IELTS exams and I am therefore wondering whether my target organization is the only one asking for TOEFL scores. With regards to this, do other educational institutions and employers recognize TOEFL as well as IELTS (after all they are testing the same thing) or am I better off sitting for both exams??? ??? ??? ???

Thanks in advance.

Darrppy78
To attend schools, you might TOEFL and IELTS. For work, you usually just need one. Just make sure which one the company asks for!

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Thanks Juan65 and gmail04.

I am considering both to be on the safe side. Different situations/ people seem to want different things. To be safe it might be better to have both so as to produce whatever a particular party asks for. In any case it will be like reading for the same thing. Not that I am looking forward to it.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
TOEFL is equally accepted...I came to Canada on a TOEFL.....IELTS Academic and TOEFL are at par at most of the universities in Canada...General IELTS is only required by CIC or as in your case your employer...

another thing you cannot use General IELTS to get admission in a university.

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Thanks dbss.
At least I now know someone who did TOEFL and it was okay. I appreciate your input.

majidqayyum

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh (Paper Based Application)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application (Overall 6.5 band) no less than 6
File Transfer...
14-07-2014
Med's Request
Waived off
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
05/08/2014
LANDED..........
26/08/2014
It's your choice how you are satisfied. I also took both TOEFL/IELTS test. But then I came to know that if you are interested in Applying to Canadian universities only, then you should go for IELTS. If US is also in your plan, then go for TOEFL.

ggiwebinfo

Jan 17, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Darrppy78 said:
Thanks Juan65 and gmail04.

I am considering both to be on the safe side. Different situations/ people seem to want different things. To be safe it might be better to have both so as to produce whatever a particular party asks for. In any case it will be like reading for the same thing. Not that I am looking forward to it.
It is better to have qualify both exams and all possible through excellence. Glad to know you decided to do both. Best wishes for success.

J.Armani

Feb 14, 2013
Both are different levels to evaluate and judge the people and there is no big difference in the pattern.Just want to let you know that if you are capable and skilled then either its TOEFL or IELTS,it would not be a matter with you.
Just get the preparation and info about that company and make your self the part of interview.

cynusalisa

Feb 29, 2012
TOEFL : Test of English as a Foreign Language. The TOEFL speaking test is one candidate and a computer, which provides tasks for the candidate, records their answers and times them. The recorded sample is evaluated later by a group of examiners.

IELTS : International English Language Testing System. The IELTS speaking test is one candidate and one examiner, who manages the test and evaluates the candidate at the same time.

devaki

May 6, 2013
Hello PPL,

I need urgent help as I have to file my student visa may month end. I have received offer letter from alberta university for the course of MDes visual communication design. I have also received scholarship worth 15000$ and assistant ship.

University has accepted toefl scores (97/120) . Do I need to give IELTS just for Visa purpose?

Please reply it is very very urgent.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
devaki said:
Hello PPL,

I need urgent help as I have to file my student visa may month end. I have received offer letter from alberta university for the course of MDes visual communication design. I have also received scholarship worth 15000$ and assistant ship.

University has accepted toefl scores (97/120) . Do I need to give IELTS just for Visa purpose?

Please reply it is very very urgent.
I don't think so you will require it unless you are applying under SPP...

I came to Canada with TOEFL

Laura Viel

May 13, 2016
Where to study IELTS or TOEFL iBT?

I am recommending IRIS REVIEW CENTER. They have been helping students pass their TOEFL exam (especially the speaking) the longest since they have been in the industry for the past 8 years. As they say 'EXPERIENCE is the BEST TEACHER', and for sure ONLY they will be able to share with you strategies that they have developed through time as based on their experience.

ONLINE reviews are available Wink