+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To withdraw the application or not- needs help!

Ana.me

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hi everybody,
I filled myself a straightforward citizenship application last year (Paper application) , everything went smooth including my citizenship test which was done 2 months back and update in the system. Now, IRCC sent me a request for a photocopy of all passport pages (I don't know if this considered as Questioner or no), so I decided this time to take an opinion from a consultant/lawyer, his advise to withdraw the application and apply again through him, as this application went to secondary inspection and it may take up to 27 months delay !!!
As I said, application is straightforward, amybe a part of I was absence for 200 days u=in a row at the beginning of my eligibility period, but I don't think this is an issues?
also, the fees he is requesting to resubmit my application is around 20K ?! is this the normal fees of such service ?

any suggestion, if really withdrawal and re-apply is faster? and really if they ask for passport/questionnaire that's mean a major delay ?

I need your help, as I can see many experts her and they do really try to help with no any conflict of interest.

thx again!

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
I do not think you should withdraw. My sister was asked for all pages of her passport (including empty ones) towards the end of her processing and it did not cause any delays. Had you submitted ALL pages of passport copy (including empty ones) originally?
I also believe processing is faster now. You are almost at the end of the processing it seems. Why would you want to mess it up?

You should report that lawyer somewhere! 20k for what!!!! OMGGGG! These greedy lawyers!

maddy044

Jan 22, 2016
Hi everybody,
I filled myself a straightforward citizenship application last year (Paper application) , everything went smooth including my citizenship test which was done 2 months back and update in the system. Now, IRCC sent me a request for a photocopy of all passport pages (I don't know if this considered as Questioner or no), so I decided this time to take an opinion from a consultant/lawyer, his advise to withdraw the application and apply again through him, as this application went to secondary inspection and it may take up to 27 months delay !!!
As I said, application is straightforward, amybe a part of I was absence for 200 days u=in a row at the beginning of my eligibility period, but I don't think this is an issues?
also, the fees he is requesting to resubmit my application is around 20K ?! is this the normal fees of such service ?

any suggestion, if really withdrawal and re-apply is faster? and really if they ask for passport/questionnaire that's mean a major delay ?

I need your help, as I can see many experts her and they do really try to help with no any conflict of interest.

thx again!
My advice: RUN! As far away from this “lawyer” as you can. First of all, nobody in their right mind would pay (or ask) 20k for a citizenship application, max $2-3k if that.

Secondly, a lawyer has absolutely no influence on how your application goes once it has been submitted. He/she will take your 20k and do the exact same thing you have already done: submit an application.

Once that is done you will be back in the queue for the test when you are almost at the end of your application process as of now.

Passport pages requests are one of the most common request during a grant application. In fact they have now changed the supporting documents to include all passport pages upfront on all applications.

Don’t get scammed!

Last edited:

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi everybody,

thx again!
20k? It is a scam. period!

Reactions: rishisingh86

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Hi everybody,

thx again!
Application and request for passport seem routine. Lawyer on the other hand seems to be a greedy bastard.

pedromw

Dec 20, 2021
it seems a scam
1- First of all being outside of Canada for 200 days has nothing to do with your citizenship eligibility. The rule is clear. You have to spend 1095 days in Canada no matter how you managed to collect these days during the 5 years of eligibility. Same thing with the PR status for example you can land in Canada and leave on the same day and stay outside Canada for 3 complete years and then you come back and live for 2 years in Canada and you gonna be eligible to renew your PR card status when it's time.
2- Asking for your passport copies is a part of the process and it's normal..
3- I also think withdrawing your application and reapplying gonna be seen as suspicious as IRCC will keep record of your "former" application because there is no need or logics behind such a decision and in this case the new application may go for what this "lawyer" called a secondary review.
4- 20K $ ....... No comment

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Go look at the document requirements for new applications. Photocopies of all passport pages! You will not get out of submitting those pages by sending a new application. What a ridiculous consultant and your irrational thinking.

Wollongong

Mar 14, 2022
As everyone advised you. Stop consulting with the scam artist and run far away.

Request a passport copies for all the pages is a normal thing. Once you submit you will get the invitation for oath or interview either one in few weeks.

Reactions: GuyanaGirl

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Passport request is normal and does not mean your application will take longer. If you withdraw and resubmit, your application will most likely take longer and will probably be subjected to more scrutiny. Absolutely no one can speed up your application and even if there was someone who could, I would never pay 20k lol. Good luck.

Last edited:

Rafa25

May 9, 2021
Requesting photocopies of the passport pages are very common! No need to worry at all!
Best advice: don't ever talk to this lawyer!

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
You should post the “lawyers name “ here so people avoid going to him /her for work.
what a scam !

Reactions: Forte and 116sg17

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Hi everybody,

thx again!
This is wickedness! I have a background in Law and file my own citizenship application. Only God knows why people do this to people they think are in a situation where they can manipulate them for money!

No not withdraw you application! If you had done something wrong the immigration would request missing documents

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Thank you everyone, really this forum helps many people with no experience.
Just submit the passport pages and do not let any lawyer frighten you to believe the request is some sort of doom for your application! It is not it means they want all the pages simply as that. Do not be manipulated by these lawyers you did the hardest part which is filling out and submitting the application. If you are that worried just call the CIC and they will explain that you missed sending the photocopy of all pages. Simple 1 2 3 and this is NOT a 20k job for a scammer lawyer!

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Hi everybody,

thx again!
I dont understand.. are you trying to hide something? Just scan your passport pages and send it to them..