A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

I am confused a bit on this. In my PPR letter, it had mentioned only to send 2 photos of each accompanying person only. For myself only my passport.

I keep seeing people sending photos with their application, just wondering if its because most of the applicants here have applied with family? or I missed something or my PPR letter is different? :eek:

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
A-man said:
Guys,

I am confused a bit on this. In my PPR letter, it had mentioned only to send 2 photos of each accompanying person only. For myself only my passport.

I keep seeing people sending photos with their application, just wondering if its because most of the applicants here have applied with family? or I missed something or my PPR letter is different? :eek:
No you need to send photos for each person, including yourself. Good luck!

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YamPower said:
No you need to send photos for each person, including yourself. Good luck!
Hey YamPower, is that what your PPR letter says?

I called a call center agent, and asked them about it. They asked me to read that section of the letter. They told me only to send the passport. Totally puzzled now.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A-man said:
Guys,

I applied with partner. I am afraid you are right that after explaining the passport requirement, it says 3. Two (2) photos for each accompanying family member.

Then, in step 3, it says: 1) Gather the following documents: ... Photos (2 per person).

If you are reading the letter literally, you are right - they asked for photos only for accompanying family members. BUT the photos are for PR cards. I figure the principal applicant also needs a PR card, so...

Well, maybe we have all been sending unnecessary photos! But I personally think this is one of those places where the wording is a holdover from the old applications, when the principal applicant would send six pictures of him- or herself with the application and then send pictures of the accompanying family members later. Let's see what happens!

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I checked on this forum for other PPR letters posted by members, and it looks like if they want the photo of the primary applicant, they say it in the letter. Check this thread by Rahul12.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t327535.0.html

ciscotao

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2015
Passport Req..
01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
You should check and follow the required document list in your PPR letter. The letter is trimmed for each individual applicants so general guideline usually does not apply. If you have further questions, you can always call CIC.