+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To send my baby to my country please help

Shai13

Jan 14, 2014
Im a filipina, i came here in canada on a live in care giver program february 2013. When the agency who send me in canada learned that i was pregnant, she cancel all my papers, she send the letter to Regie de l'assurance maladie to cancel my health insurance application and cancel my contract with my employer..and because i was pregnant no employer wants to hire me so i live under the mercy of some people, who are very generous to keep me from time to time at their house and give me food.no hospital accepted me for my prenatal check ups because i dont have medical,but i survive the pregnancy and thanks God i have a healthy baby boy.. Now im facing a long list of bills to pay for the hospital and doctors and to support the needs of my family in the philippines..we live in care givers are given 4 years to finish our 24 months of live in work.. I wanted to start with the program because i only have 3 years to complete the 24 months..even it will be very painful to be separated with my baby but i plan send my baby to the philippines so i could work,its a big sacrifice,but i need to face it and be responsible for all the bills and to support my family, to be able to do that i should have my sponsor/ new employer..can anyone please help me on what are the procedures i need to do so i could send my baby to my country? They say shes not a canadian citizen,so i cannot get him a canadian pastport..

tee1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Shai13 said:
Im a filipina, i came here in canada on a live in care giver program february 2013. When the agency who send me in canada learned that i was pregnant, she cancel all my papers, she send the letter to Regie de l'assurance maladie to cancel my health insurance application and cancel my contract with my employer..and because i was pregnant no employer wants to hire me so i live under the mercy of some people, who are very generous to keep me from time to time at their house and give me food.no hospital accepted me for my prenatal check ups because i dont have medical,but i survive the pregnancy and thanks God i have a healthy baby boy.. Now im facing a long list of bills to pay for the hospital and doctors and to support the needs of my family in the philippines..we live in care givers are given 4 years to finish our 24 months of live in work.. I wanted to start with the program because i only have 3 years to complete the 24 months..even it will be very painful to be separated with my baby but i plan send my baby to the philippines so i could work,its a big sacrifice,but i need to face it and be responsible for all the bills and to support my family, to be able to do that i should have my sponsor/ new employer..can anyone please help me on what are the procedures i need to do so i could send my baby to my country? They say shes not a canadian citizen,so i cannot get him a canadian pastport..
I'm sorry to here about your situation, I can't help with knowing how to get the baby back to the Philippines but if the baby was born in Canada he is almost certainly a Canadian citizen by birth. Do you have a Canadian birth certificate for him? I presume you have a temporary resident visa and work permit in your passport still even of your not working?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If your baby was born in Canada then he/she is a Canadian citizen automatically.

Shai13

Jan 14, 2014
They say that the baby who is born here is not consider as a canadian citizen according to the new law,the status of the mother at the time of birth is the status of the baby, i cannot bring my baby for check up because she also dont have medical.im on temporary residence permit now,some say like visitor, i need get a new employer to sponsor me for 24 months live in care giver program within 4 years , next month im already one year, thats why i need to hurry up and find employer., but i cannot work on as a live in because of my baby and thats the only way i can ne eligable to apply for open permit and PR.

tee1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Shai13 said:
They say that the baby who is born here is not consider as a canadian citizen according to the new law,the status of the mother at the time of birth is the status of the baby, i cannot bring my baby for check up because she also dont have medical.im on temporary residence permit now,some say like visitor, i need get a new employer to sponsor me for 24 months live in care giver program within 4 years , next month im already one year, thats why i need to hurry up and find employer., but i cannot work on as a live in because of my baby and thats the only way i can ne eligable to apply for open permit and PR.
I don't know who told you that but it's crap and incorrect advise. There is no such law, Any child born in Canada is a Canadian citizen by birth (unless born to a diplomat).
Your baby is Canadian, have you registered the birth in Canada? This would be the first step for getting the baby a Canadian passport.

Your in Quebec right? As you are a temporary resident and not a tourist I'm pretty sure your baby is eligible for health care too. You should apply to Regie de l'assurance maladie asap for the baby so you can get check ups.
Maybe someone in Quebec can offer more advise though, I'm just reading eligibility from the website but I don't see why the little one isn't eligible. In any case apply and see what they say.

I'd sort this out first as it's the first step to proving citizenship for the baby and ensuring health care for them.

Good luck and come back and ask more more advise on here if you run into trouble. Your baby is Canadian don't let someone tell you otherwise

I'm sorry I can't offer more advise with what to do work permit wise. Maybe search for other employers too not just live in caregiver.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Shai13 said:
There is no such law. Your baby is a Canadian citizen.

pistachio

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
AOR Received.
Nov-2010
VISA ISSUED...
scylla said:
There is no such law. Your baby is a Canadian citizen.
The rule might have changed now.

To apply for citizenship for a child under 18:

you must be the child’s parent, adoptive parent or legal guardian,
the child must be a permanent resident, and
one parent must be a Canadian citizen or apply to become a citizen at the same time (this also applies to adoptive parents).

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp.

The document was last updated on 2013-10-31.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
pistachio said:
The rule might have changed now.

To apply for citizenship for a child under 18:

you must be the child's parent, adoptive parent or legal guardian,
the child must be a permanent resident, and
one parent must be a Canadian citizen or apply to become a citizen at the same time (this also applies to adoptive parents).

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp.

The document was last updated on 2013-10-31.
Those are the requirements for a child that is a Permanent Resident to APPLY for citizenship.

This child was born in Canada and is therefore a Canadian citizen.

pistachio

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
AOR Received.
Nov-2010
VISA ISSUED...
canuck_in_uk said:
Those are the requirements for a child that is a Permanent Resident to APPLY for citizenship.

This child was born in Canada and is therefore a Canadian citizen.
Looks like there is a strong proposal against granting automatic citizenship to children born to non-immigrant parents. There are several links on the net pertaining to this.

http://dissidentvoice.org/2013/12/canadian-government-plans-to-make-it-harder-to-become-a-citizen/

Look at the section which says: "Another expected change is the elimination of the automatic grant of Canadian Citizenship for those born in Canada."

I am not sure if this has already been enacted or still under debate.

Also, there is a section which says:

Some of the changes being proposed include extending the qualifying period for residence to obtain Canadian Citizenship from the current three years in a four period to a longer period. - Can anybody kindly confirm if this has also been brought into effect?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
pistachio said:
Can anybody kindly confirm if this has also been brought into effect?
Did you actually read the article that you posted? The second paragraph clearly states that the bill hasn't even been introduced yet, let alone put into effect.

None of that affects the OP; her child is Canadian and will remain Canadian, regardless of any future changes.

It isn't helpful to the OP for you to be posting irrelevant information. If you wish to discuss the proposed Citizenship Act changes, I suggest you start a new thread.