+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To receive canadian citizenship after Inlander PR -how long to wait?

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,
please advise!
I applied for PR as Inlander in January of 2014. I received PR at August 2015. I stay in Canada counting from date of application more than 3,5 years from 5. But if to count from PR issue it is only 2 years.
Can I apply for Canadian citizenship already? Or should I wait for 1 more year? For me it is rather important to have Canadian citizenship faster.
Dear Inlanders, please share your experience.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dear friends,
please advise!
I applied for PR as Inlander in January of 2014. I received PR at August 2015. I stay in Canada counting from date of application more than 3,5 years from 5. But if to count from PR issue it is only 2 years.
Can I apply for Canadian citizenship already? Or should I wait for 1 more year? For me it is rather important to have Canadian citizenship faster.
Dear Inlanders, please share your experience.
1. Read the instructions.
2. If you had valid visitor status prior to your PR, you can count up to 1 year of residency at 1/2 time. So use the calculator. http://tinyurl.com/ydy3x2d7

Reactions: Rusalka

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As PMM said use the official physical residence calculator that is the only official way to determine qualification.

However based on your post assuming you were on a legal status from January 2014 through say end July 2015 plus the time since then as a PR then without me actually using the calculator as have no idea if you spent any time outside of the country a rough calculation seems to indicate you are a matter of a couple months from being able to apply if not already.

Reactions: Rusalka

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, PMM and Bs65.
Now everything is clear:)
Yes I had visa and then visa extension while I was waiting.
Will count the days today.