+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To qualify for New Rules, Should I apply visa on or after june 1st ??

Nov 19, 2013
To qualify for New Rules, Should I apply visa on or after june 1st ?? or Holding a Valid Study Permit on or after june 1st automatically comes under new rules ??, my consultancy is saying to wait till june to file visa to fall under new rules, I am applying for FALL-14....

Revolute

Apr 1, 2014
On June 1, 2014, if you hold a study permit and a work permit under the Off-Campus Work Permit Program, you may continue to work off campus under your existing Off-Campus Work Permit.

On June 1, 2014, if you hold a study permit and you have applied for but not yet received your Off-Campus Work Permit, you should wait for your work permit application to be processed and begin working off campus once you have received your Off-Campus Work Permit.

On June 1, 2014, if you hold a study permit but you have not yet applied for an Off-Campus Work Permit, you are authorized to work off campus without a work permit as long as you meet the eligibility requirements for working off campus.

If you apply for a study permit on or after June 1, 2014, the conditions relating to your eligibility to work off-campus will be written on your study permit.

In all scenarios, you must continue to meet the conditions of your study permit in order to remain eligible for off-campus work. If you are studying English or French as a second language (ESL/FSL), or participating in general interest or preparatory courses, you will not be eligible to work during your studies, unless you become eligible to apply for a work permit with a positive Labour Market Opinion from Employment and Social Development Canada.

It is your responsibility and your employer’s responsibility to ensure that you are eligible to work off campus without a work permit before you begin working. If you begin working off campus without meeting the eligibility requirements, you may be subject to enforcement action under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I callled the service canada on their toll free number and i was lucky the call went through...He said that as long as ou hold a avalid study permit you can work....I didnt ask much qtsns....but i was not convinced bcos the sin # is used for taxation purposes and at the time of applying for the job how will you fill up that requirement.....Those with info pls shed more light on this pls....I currently live in Surrey,British Columbia

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since June 1 any student with a valid SP could apply for SIN at Service Canada. It is a nine digit NUMBER. :) When you get a job you will get TD1 and TD1 Province Forms form your employer to fill in with your info including SIN.
You have to get SIN BEFORE you start working. Employer MUST not hire a person without knowing his SIN. Because Employer will withdraw CPP, EI and income tax from your earnings and remit them to Canada Revenue Agency and to do that he/she has to know your SIN.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks buddy....Am in a similar situation cause am having fee problems and want to work for some time before going back to school....I applied and got a very very good job with high paying wages but couldnt take it....

Another qtsn....i did a 1 yr diploma programm.....and my student visa is still valid till 2015 Sep...Is there a way someone can sponsor me without necessarily getting married???

Cant wait to apply for the work permit

Satvir Singh

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Samrala,Punjab,India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 07,2014
File Transfer...
09 May,2014
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2014 Wahaguru
My question remain same...If i apply in May and get Study Permit then i automatically comes under new rules??? Applying for Sept. 2014...!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Satvir Singh said:
My question remain same...If i apply in May and get Study Permit then i automatically comes under new rules??? Applying for Sept. 2014...!
Your question is answered here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

saranjeet singh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Your question is answered here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp
Please reply in Yes or No . Will there be any problem ? :)

Satvir Singh

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Samrala,Punjab,India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 07,2014
File Transfer...
09 May,2014