+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

to Qorax

stephanie_wg23

Jul 4, 2011
Dear Qorax,
Congrats on receiving your visa and also in helping so many people with their queries. I have read many post and comments directed to you. Alas, I am a bit perplexed by the Canadian/ Quebec Immigration Program. I have given my test for Ielts and have scored 7.5. I have been a slow poke and have been delaying submitting my application- my bad. I need you to please kindly guide me on making a successful application please. Background info; I am a graphic/web designer have been working with different titles like IT Coordinator and Creative Manager, Creative Manager, Graphic Web Designer, Researcher etc. I have a Masters of Science in Business Administrations degree from Sweden and a Bachelors of Computer Arts degree from Pakistan. I have been doing a lot of free lancing and have been doing part time and full time jobs. After calculating the months I worked as part time and full time as graphic/ web designer I have an experience of 3 years, but adding free lancing almost 5 years.
I believed I fit well in the category for business professionals as was shown in the list of demands, as I have been continuously working with clients. But I am confused with the title of my profession and wonder if the Canadian immigration would require exact job description or titles? Also, I looked into IT.
I would really appreciate if you could help me. I was thinking should I apply for Quebec, but have been unsuccessful at finding their authentic list of demands.
Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to your reply.
Bless ya.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you mentioned about your experience that IT (Information Technology) NOC (National Occupational Classification) doesn't exist for this year 2011 for Federal skilled worker immigration.
Here you can see the complete list : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

Yes, you can apply for Quebec immigration but that's the different immigration program then FSW (no NOC is required for that).
Remember Quebec is French speaking provience so, to stay & work in Quebec you have to know the french language.

Evaluating online your chances of being selected by Québec : http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=en

OMM

stephanie_wg23 said:
Dear Qorax,
Congrats on receiving your visa and also in helping so many people with their queries. I have read many post and comments directed to you. Alas, I am a bit perplexed by the Canadian/ Quebec Immigration Program. I have given my test for Ielts and have scored 7.5. I have been a slow poke and have been delaying submitting my application- my bad. I need you to please kindly guide me on making a successful application please. Background info; I am a graphic/web designer have been working with different titles like IT Coordinator and Creative Manager, Creative Manager, Graphic Web Designer, Researcher etc. I have a Masters of Science in Business Administrations degree from Sweden and a Bachelors of Computer Arts degree from Pakistan. I have been doing a lot of free lancing and have been doing part time and full time jobs. After calculating the months I worked as part time and full time as graphic/ web designer I have an experience of 3 years, but adding free lancing almost 5 years.
I believed I fit well in the category for business professionals as was shown in the list of demands, as I have been continuously working with clients. But I am confused with the title of my profession and wonder if the Canadian immigration would require exact job description or titles? Also, I looked into IT.
I would really appreciate if you could help me. I was thinking should I apply for Quebec, but have been unsuccessful at finding their authentic list of demands.
Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to your reply.
Bless ya.

Your Highness

Champion Member
Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Sep 2011
AOR Received.
PER rcvd on 14th Dec 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
AOR from NDVO rcvd on 21 Jan 2012
Med's Request
7th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
Med sent on 24th Feb 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Req rcvd on 7th Feb sent on 24th Feb 2012. RPRF DD encashed on 11th April
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 10th May. PPs rcvd with Visa on 14th May 2012
LANDED..........
Landed in Toronto on 3rd July 2012!
My advice sure cannot measure up to Qorax, who's a master in this system. However since he must be recieving zillions of posts directed to him, may not be able to get to you immediately. So I took the liberty of replying to you.

Apart from your number of years of experience, the other hurdle you might face is that the CAP (specific nmbr of applications for a particular category) has been closed for this year in the month of Aug 2011, for your category. So in my personal opinion it might do you good to look at other options like Quebec (if you know a bit of french) or Provincial Nominee Programme. There are threads with veterans in these fields, so I urge you to kindly do a keyword search and you will be led to a wealth of information.

Trust Ihave been able to provide you with at least some information that might get you started.

Good luck to you.

karankohli

Star Member
Jul 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As said by your highness it is absolutely true that the noc you want to apply in has been filled up. Secondly this list has been there since july 2010 so my personal opinion is they wont bring the same list next july.

stephanie_wg23

Jul 4, 2011
Hi everyone,

Thank you for taking out the time to reply to me. I am aware of the cap reaching, may not be available next year, need to speak French or get some one to hire me. But as I was hoping to apply next year and most people have tailored their job title according to the job description- was wondering if that can be applicable to me and if so which category?
How strict are the Canadian immigration with job titles when processing?
Thanks Omm for the the heads up with Quebec- I was having trouble finding their NOC and site. But you cleared. Any other info would be really useful.
Thank you again for replying and I look forward for any answer regarding the two queries in this post.

Stephanie

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
stephanie_wg23 said:
Hi everyone,

Thank you for taking out the time to reply to me. I am aware of the cap reaching, may not be available next year, need to speak French or get some one to hire me. But as I was hoping to apply next year and most people have tailored their job title according to the job description- was wondering if that can be applicable to me and if so which category?
How strict are the Canadian immigration with job titles when processing?
Thanks Omm for the the heads up with Quebec- I was having trouble finding their NOC and site. But you cleared. Any other info would be really useful.
Thank you again for replying and I look forward for any answer regarding the two queries in this post.

Stephanie
The job title isn't important -- the job description/duties are.
It's unwise to play around with our documentation - we could end up with a 2-yr ban. Someone recently [unfortunately] received that, for the same reason/s, his thread is getting rave reviews in this very forum.

Qorax

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
The job title isn't important -- the job description/duties are.
It's unwise to play around with our documentation - we could end up with a 2-yr ban. Someone recently [unfortunately] received that, for the same reason/s, his thread is getting rave reviews in this very forum.

Qorax
Seconded

stephanie_wg23

Jul 4, 2011
When the form field is in grey color- does that mean we should leave it blank? It did for dates for Country of residence, so I am debating if we should leave it blank? Also please tell me when they mention photograph they mean of family members who are going as dependants right?

encrypted2011

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2011
AOR Received.
21-04-2011
For federal or quebec? This thread is 2 years old -- didn't you already apply before?

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
I don't think qorax is active these days. he/she's too in demand. both good and bad for him/her. :D