+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To pay tuition fees or not?

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
Hi all,

I am currently restoring my status as a student. I have got admission offer and all other documents ready.

I am really unsure if I should pay the tuition fees and attach the receipt OR should I apply without paying the tuition fee

I have other financial documents showing that I have enough funds to support myself

I have gotten opinions on the matter from a very senior lawyer who says I should pay.
I called CIC and they said it doesn't matter if I pay as long I can show I have enough funds.
Seneca's international admissions office says they have seen applications being refused if you apply without receipt.

There are conflicting opinions on the matter.

Please provide your suggestions as to what I should do

Thanks!

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pay. You have the money, you want to go to school. So pay. It will help prove to CIC that your intention to study in Canada is genuine.

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
Paying ur tuition fees increases ur chances of getting a study permit. U can always get it refunded as long as u don't get a valid study permit (u will not be charged anything other than admin fees. Make sure not to register fr the course,this will not fetch u any refund,even if u dont get a study permit)