+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To Lie or Not to Lie

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
Hi All,

i started working on 26th May 2014 so when i am creating my profile now its giving me points for 1 year canadian experience. I dont want it as i also qualify for FSW with 438 points. So should i lie to the system that i started working in June 2014?? or if i recieved an ITA under CEC i should reject it?? or should i just continue if i get an ITA and write an explaining letter to CIC along with the docs??

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Really ? To pass the elegibility as CEC is easier than FSW . Points are the same, i don't get your reasoning...and do not lie.

sunnydreams

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
You started working on 26 May 2014 and you want to state that you started working in June 2014 to show your one year experience??? I am afraid your question is not clear. Please elaborate

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
dukhi said:
Hi All,

i started working on 26th May 2014 so when i am creating my profile now its giving me points for 1 year canadian experience. I dont want it as i also qualify for FSW with 438 points. So should i lie to the system that i started working in June 2014?? or if i recieved an ITA under CEC i should reject it?? or should i just continue if i get an ITA and write an explaining letter to CIC along with the docs??
Do you seriously expect someone here to advise you to lie?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dukhi said:
Hi All,

You started working on 26th May, 2014, so in point of fact you have NOT worked in Canada for 1 year yet, but the system is giving you credit for it - is that what you're saying?

Because CEC has fewer requirements than FSW, you will not be able to manipulate your input to qualify for FSW, but not CEC. In fact, many many people on these boards have done it the other way around - not too smart a move, IMO.

If CIC has mistakenly credited you with a year of Canadian Experience when you have told the truth, it's not your fault. I remember reading one person's experience when she got an invitation for FSW, which CIC had mistakenly found her ineligible for. They soon realized their mistake and took away her invitation without penalty to her - and then issued a new one under CEC minutes later.

Just answer the EE questions honestly given your understanding of what the question is asking for, and let CIC do the rest. Being honest and having CIC make a mistake is better than being dishonest, which reflects on your character rather than their software!

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
dobes said:
You started working on 26th May, 2014, so in point of fact you have NOT worked in Canada for 1 year yet, but the system is giving you credit for it - is that what you're saying?

Because CEC has fewer requirements than FSW, you will not be able to manipulate your input to qualify for FSW, but not CEC. In fact, many many people on these boards have done it the other way around - not too smart a move, IMO.

If CIC has mistakenly credited you with a year of Canadian Experience when you have told the truth, it's not your fault. I remember reading one person's experience when she got an invitation for FSW, which CIC had mistakenly found her ineligible for. They soon realized their mistake and took away her invitation without penalty to her - and then issued a new one under CEC minutes later.

Just answer the EE questions honestly given your understanding of what the question is asking for, and let CIC do the rest. Being honest and having CIC make a mistake is better than being dishonest, which reflects on your character rather than their software!
What should i do in the case i get an invitation to apply for CEC? should i go ahead to submit my documentation and also attaching a letter to explain my scenario?

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
dukhi said:
What should i do in the case i get an invitation to apply for CEC? should i go ahead to submit my documentation and also attaching a letter to explain my scenario?
Is there a reason why you want to avoid applying through CEC?

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
dukhi said:
Hi All,

Leave it as it is. Keep in mind the system only allows you to put month and year for work experience. By the time you get you ITA and submit everything the one year will be up anyway.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
kvn said:
Is there a reason why you want to avoid applying through CEC?
Because my one year experience is not complete...since the system only looks at the month not dates i am 11 month into my experience thats why ...

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
well its only an invitation to apply.......you have 60 days to apply. So you have time to figure it out but CEC is straight forward

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
irishIan said:
well its only an invitation to apply.......you have 60 days to apply. So you have time to figure it out but CEC is straight forward
i know bro its straight forward but system is causing me confusion i am still one month short of my 1 year canadian work experience but its making me eligible for CEC and also giving me 50 additional points....

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as long as what's you put in your profile is true. I think...

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
mars_xiao said:
as long as what's you put in your profile is true. I think...
wouldnt that cause me trouble once i get selected for CEC because i didnt had the one year experience at the time of the draw?

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I understand this correctly, you put correct date in your profile. You don't have 1 full year of experience but the system thinks you have based on its calculation. Now you want to lie to the system to have a "correct" result.

I think you should leave it like this. The system is the rule, no matter if it's "correct".