+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

to gift deed or not to gift deed

eris

Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
Recently got an ITA so i am preparing documents but I have been given conflicting advice about git deeds. I have around 4300 CAD in my own accounts, and my relatives are giving me the rest. I had been planning on having my parents transfer the remaining required funds to me in one transaction and then have a gift deed notarized as I have seen this method floating around in this site. However, my agency advised me to just slowly transfer the remaining funds incrementally to my acct, citing that since my account is active and I have had transactions both deposit and payments from it, that will be enough and that i shouldn't get gift deed. What do you guys think? I think just seeing my history of bank transactions (which range 100-450 CAD for both payments and deposits) and having deposits amounting to 8600 CAD for two months, even incrementally, would raise a red flag, and incurring unneeded risk. Anybody in the same boat, or previously was, but was successfully approved with a gift deed for documentation after ITA? Thanks so much.

Last edited:

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I would suggest that you take money from your parents and relatives, complete the minimum funds required, get gift deeds from them and keep the funds in your account and do not touch them.