+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To get married or not? Application for CSQ just sent as single applicant

aljoan9410

Sep 17, 2013
Hello.. I'm a Nurse here in Saudi Arabia for 5 years. Sent my application on July 2013 as single appIicant. My consultant assessed me to have 56 points. I'm still waiting for the feedback from MICC. My contract will end in May 2014 and I'm planning to go back to Philippines. I have a boyfriend for 3 years. He is in the Philippines. We have continuous communication and we get to spend time with each other during my vacations only. My question is: 1. Is it easier to land in Canada as single applicant then get back and get married? How long do i need to stay in Canada before i can go home and get married then sponsor my spouse? Or

2. Get married after having the CSQ and update the change of status to MICC? How long do i need to wait for the updated application to receive a feedback?

I'm really confused now. Im planning to stay with him when i leave Saudi Arabia. He is working as an IT and we're not getting any younger. I'm 30 years old and he's 33. Please help me..

Mitch72

Oct 6, 2013
You can proceed to option 2 as you wish. Once you got confirmation from CSQ, or when they start processing your application and your visa, you will have the chance to update your status. You will be advised anyway if there are some changes, so you will know when to update.

Hope this helps. Good luck!