+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To Filipinos who got asked for AOM... again! (CENOMAR)

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello po mga kababayan,

I'm a little paranoid right now because of this whole AOM situation. I was wondering for those guys who had the same experience can shed some light into it. Ganito po kase ang situation... Hinihingian ulet ako ng Advisory on Marriage ng Canadian Embassy dito sa Manila. Sinubmit ko naman yun CENOMAR namin with the application. Medyo nalilito lang talaga ako sa intention ng Embassy for asking this again. Hindi lang ba nila nakita yung CENOMAR sa application namin kaya sila humihingi ulet?? Nung kayo po ba hiningian ulet ng AOM, CENOMAR ulet po ba ang pinadala nyo? Okay lang ba yun?? Or gusto bang makita ng Embassy na naka-register na ang marriage na nangyari abroad sa NSO? If so, mahaba-habang proseso pa bago ako makakuha ng Marriage Advisory na galing sa NSO na nagsasabing kasal na kami. Kakalito naman talaga!!!

Guys, I'd really appreciate the feedback and insight. Thank you very much!!!

denoose

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 10, 2010
Hello jeans22,

You were asked to submit an AOM this time , perhaps , because the embassy would want to know how many times you have been married . Though the CENOMAR will have to prove that if you were still single and will be getting married as in my case. I was asked to provide CENOMAR from the local Civil Registrar upon filing for marriage license.

I believe your marriage took place in US , but have you registered it to the Philippine Embassy when you were there?
If you did so, then otherwise we will think that the CENOMAR was misplaced.

Sep 21, 2010
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-12-2010
i agree with denoose..

for me, i think that the embassy have seen your CENOMAR but maybe they ignored it because it's not the certificate that they were asking. based on what you said.. they asked you for AOM so, you must provide what they were asking... AOM is also the so called CENOMAR... (a.) Cenomar CRS Form #4 = for single person and; (b.) CENOMAR CRS Form #5 = for married person...

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi fil_love_can. I think I know what you're talking about. Yung form 4, it says na wala ka pang record sa NSO right? Tas yung form 5 it'll outline all your marriages from past till present.

Right now I'm in the process of reporting our marriage to the embassy in the States where we got married kaso ang sabi ng embassy it might take at least 3 months bago mag-reflect ang marriage namin sa NSO records... :( Tas kanina lang I got another CENOMAR and dropped it off at the embassy thinking they just need an updated one or something... Hay... Kakalito talaga. I wish I really know the intention of the embassy why they're asking me another AOM.

Just an FYI, I have never been married before. This is the first time I got married (to my now spouse and sponsor) so wala talagang makikitang any records sa NSO... I guess I'll just have to wait and see kung hingian ulet ako ng embassy ng AOM after sending this new CENOMAR. Ibig sabihin they want to see our marriage recorded in the NSO before they'll issue a visa. If they wanted it this way sana sinabi nila sa guide para naasikaso agad beforehand. :(

Thanks for the insights guys and Good Luck to us all!!

sslferrari16

Star Member
Aug 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-18-10
Doc's Request.
08-09-10
AOR Received.
07-22-10
File Transfer...
08-28-10
Passport Req..
08-09-10
VISA ISSUED...
09-28-10
LANDED..........
12-05-10
in my case, they asked for AOM (CENOMAR) also. pro ksi di ako nagpasa non sa initial docs n ni-submit ko. Thinking i'm married na so why would i need to pass one. hehe..

tpos nagrequest sila. that time i didnt know what AOM is, so i passed lang my MC. pro i guess niconsider n nila, kc DM n din ako last oct 05. i just passed AOM last oct 1 after i read here na AOM is CENOMAR pla ;)

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sslferrari16 said:
in my case, they asked for AOM (CENOMAR) also. pro ksi di ako nagpasa non sa initial docs n ni-submit ko. Thinking i'm married na so why would i need to pass one. hehe..

tpos nagrequest sila. that time i didnt know what AOM is, so i passed lang my MC. pro i guess niconsider n nila, kc DM n din ako last oct 05. i just passed AOM last oct 1 after i read here na AOM is CENOMAR pla ;)
thanks for the reply. did they specifically say dun sa sulat that they need a CENOMAR? o ang nakasulat lang e "Advisory on Marriage from the NSO"?

thanks and congratulations!!!! :D

sslferrari16

Star Member
Aug 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-18-10
Doc's Request.
08-09-10
AOR Received.
07-22-10
File Transfer...
08-28-10
Passport Req..
08-09-10
VISA ISSUED...
09-28-10
LANDED..........
12-05-10
jeans22 said:
thanks for the reply. did they specifically say dun sa sulat that they need a CENOMAR? o ang nakasulat lang e "Advisory on Marriage from the NSO"?

thanks and congratulations!!!! :D
my letter states "certificate on advisory of marriage". So at first i thought its my MC until i read it here.

Michi08

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeans22 said:
hi fil_love_can. I think I know what you're talking about. Yung form 4, it says na wala ka pang record sa NSO right? Tas yung form 5 it'll outline all your marriages from past till present.

Right now I'm in the process of reporting our marriage to the embassy in the States where we got married kaso ang sabi ng embassy it might take at least 3 months bago mag-reflect ang marriage namin sa NSO records... :( Tas kanina lang I got another CENOMAR and dropped it off at the embassy thinking they just need an updated one or something... Hay... Kakalito talaga. I wish I really know the intention of the embassy why they're asking me another AOM.

Just an FYI, I have never been married before. This is the first time I got married (to my now spouse and sponsor) so wala talagang makikitang any records sa NSO... I guess I'll just have to wait and see kung hingian ulet ako ng embassy ng AOM after sending this new CENOMAR. Ibig sabihin they want to see our marriage recorded in the NSO before they'll issue a visa. If they wanted it this way sana sinabi nila sa guide para naasikaso agad beforehand. :(

Thanks for the insights guys and Good Luck to us all!!
Hi jean sa pagkakaintindi ko po nasa Appendix A document checklist no.7 yan AOM. naoover look lng tau ng CENOMAR kaya di natin napapansin.kasi nakalagay dun CENOMAR or Advisory of Marriages kaya akala natin CENOMAR lng kailangan nila. Good Luck to all...

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply, guys. Nung humingi ako ng AOM, CENOMAR pa din binigay ng NSO kase daw wala pang record yung kasal namin sa kanila. Sa US kase kame nagpakasal and last August lang kaya medyo recent.

I hope another CENOMAR will do.