+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To disabuse the conclusions of Immigration Officer from VO

lovetruth28

Mar 31, 2011
Could anyone offer me an advice on this matter? I received a letter from VO regarding the visa officer is not satisfied with my IELTS scores and given me the chance to provide an evidence that I consider germane.I've been working in one of the English speaking countries and strong educational background and working experience more than enough. Every point of communication here for me is just in English. Besides a mian career, I am working as a part time teacher and I have given my course in the class purely in English.I actually don't prefer to re-sit IELTS agin without preparation. My previous mistake was I did not put an effort in preparation when I took IELT first time because of my very hetic work schedule and heavy workloads so attained merely 6 band. So as to tackle the current critical situation within short period, I must act productively and daren't not to make any mistake to pay high value. In the letter ,the office said that I should provide any evidence to disabuse the conclusion from VO.

I would appreciate an advice from each of everybody how to make the visa officer satisfy regarding providing the satisfactory evidence shortly.Immigration to Canada is seriously life & death matter for me and my family.Please help me out.

Thank you.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Write a detailed letter that you are currently working in English speaking country and worked as an English teacher and provide evidence of that. Mention that all your previous work experience was in English and provide evidence. Also provide evidence of your previous schooling if any in English. You can also say when you will arrive in canada you enroll in English learning institute.

Thanks

lovetruth28

Mar 31, 2011
pittabread said:
Write a detailed letter that you are currently working in English speaking country and worked as an English teacher and provide evidence of that. Mention that all your previous work experience was in English and provide evidence. Also provide evidence of your previous schooling if any in English. You can also say when you will arrive in canada you enroll in English learning institute.

Thanks

Thank you for the advice.I'm not teaching English.Other subject but rendering it to a class in English. All subjects in the university of course were in English. Do you see the bright side in my situtation? Could that be satisfactory evidences for VO?

Anybody experienced the situation like me and got a +ve or -ve result from VO?

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
I'm afraid, IELTS is the only way for you to go. You only need to practice intensely for a few days.

lovetruth28

Mar 31, 2011
Thank you ankit-20 and mot for your kind reply. I am also very afraid that I could not make it out well within short time as time is now out of hands to retry again.In the letter from Visa officer, saying any evidence can be provided as a against conclusion of officer.Very suffocating as look like feeding breads to a duck long and then shoot out at the last minute. As I am at the medical stage and just dropped a bomb unexpectedly.If they are not satisfied with the scores, why they did let me pass by all these difficult stages prior?

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
pittabread said:

Thanks

@ pittabread

i agree with ur suggestion....writing a detailed letter with proof should suffice the situation

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovetruth28 said:
Thank you ankit-20 and mot for your kind reply. I am also very afraid that I could not make it out well within short time as time is now out of hands to retry again.In the letter from Visa officer, saying any evidence can be provided as a against conclusion of officer.Very suffocating as look like feeding breads to a duck long and then shoot out at the last minute. As I am at the medical stage and just dropped a bomb unexpectedly.If they are not satisfied with the scores, why they did let me pass by all these difficult stages prior?
Hi!

Whats your NOC. High level of English is required normally for NOCs like 4131 or 4121. I think you passed the early stages because your case wasn't looked by a senior visa officer...

Thanks

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Well its a controversial issue, I know a guy who obtained PhD in Languages specialization in English Literature from U of Toronto applied for PR and was asked for IELTS. He was surprised, he wrote a letter to Buffalo regarding the IELTS request and asked if Canadian VO's doesn't recognize their degree then who else will do so? His IELTS got waived. I was asked to go for IELTS, I completed all my university education in Britain and Canada. But IELTS is not tough I got 8 with literally no preparation the only cost is $250 :'(.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zulkfal said:
Well its a controversial issue, I know a guy who obtained PhD in Languages specialization in English Literature from U of Toronto applied for PR and was asked for IELTS. He was surprised, he wrote a letter to Buffalo regarding the IELTS request and asked if Canadian VO's doesn't recognize their degree then who else will do so? His IELTS got waived. I was asked to go for IELTS, I completed all my university education in Britain and Canada. But IELTS is not tough I got 8 with literally no preparation the only cost is $250 :'(.
He is saying he is short of time.

lovetruth28

Mar 31, 2011
gagansingh said:
@ pittabread

i agree with ur suggestion....writing a detailed letter with proof should suffice the situation
Thanks gagansingh.I am thinking to try this way,on the other hands, so scared of offering a good reson to visa officer for refusal since the entire process is barely comprehensible to me.Why last minute hanging?

Pittabread, I am not under any teaching NOCs though.Praying VO doesn't prejudge me.

Thanks zulkfal for the suggestion. The back story of mine differ considerably from your.I bet.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
In the kindest possible way, I would advise you to make a supreme effort and tackle the IELTS. You are being given a golden chance to prove your ability and taking the test will make it clear to them exactly what level you are at. There will be nothing left up to the discretion of a VO. You will shine all on your own. Don't waste time. With CIC demanding that all applicants provide IELTS since early 2010, I fear they may not put much value on a letter as proof of abililty for the simple fact there is no way to know who wrote it. Good Luck.

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
lovetruth28 said:
Could anyone offer me an advice on this matter? I received a letter from VO regarding the visa officer is not satisfied with my IELTS scores and given me the chance to provide an evidence that I consider germane.I've been working in one of the English speaking countries and strong educational background and working experience more than enough. Every point of communication here for me is just in English. Besides a mian career, I am working as a part time teacher and I have given my course in the class purely in English.I actually don't prefer to re-sit IELTS agin without preparation. My previous mistake was I did not put an effort in preparation when I took IELT first time because of my very hetic work schedule and heavy workloads so attained merely 6 band. So as to tackle the current critical situation within short period, I must act productively and daren't not to make any mistake to pay high value. In the letter ,the office said that I should provide any evidence to disabuse the conclusion from VO.

I would appreciate an advice from each of everybody how to make the visa officer satisfy regarding providing the satisfactory evidence shortly.Immigration to Canada is seriously life & death matter for me and my family.Please help me out.

Thank you.
I understand that you have time constraint, although you can try to convince VO but I believe best option is to take the IELTS.

Considering dead line to submit, you should reserve exam date with nearest center.
Prepare from proper resources (that won't take much time), as per my experience,

IELTS Cambridge 7 was good resource to begin with.

for Writing prep u need to spend just 6-7 hours,
-go to you tube
try this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05DsENOhRso (for letter), should be enough

Essay - writting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpZa7bah4_c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NvcYrJeIY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHG2cwOQlwE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pVIcHuclw0
and other videos from same user.
+
read examined (with awarded brand & explanation) letter & essay from IELTS Cambridge book

last but not least try to write (practice) couple of letters & eassy

for Speaking prep 15-20 minutes daily practice with your partner, or speak about any topic in front of mirror
as you know following happens
-intro, background info about candidate, a general question about your provided info or about your profession, and speaking on general topic.
(imp. rule (don't think) - u do not need to speak truth but shower the words. If you ask me to say about my native, I will keep thinking what should i say and what should not; then examiner may have impression that I am short of words; so instead, just keep saying good things whatever happens in this world as about your native - no one is going to check or contradict)

Listening prep - you need to spend some extra time
Use your study material (CDs) to practice this; no short cut.

Reading - practice needed
No short cut; concentrate & practice.

I understand your constraint, but best bet is to prepare for IELTS & some how you would need to manage to get some time for this.

good luck.

Sama2007

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovetruth28 said:

[/quote

Dear,
You are lucky to have another chance to re-sit for IELTS test again. I know more than 4 applicants who got refused without having this chance. Preparing and studying hard is the only way to pass the exsam. No way !you have to re-sit again.

lovetruth28

Mar 31, 2011
Appreciate your advice Pippin. I felt very vulnerable now and the ground under me had cracked when I saw the letter since it's not being expected. I am at the final stage and our family has set some plans to start a new life in Canada we love. Especially my son, he dreams daily to go there. What makes me worried is the prejudice against some factors because of unexpected punch at the last.Anyway hope VO will return unbiased verdict eventually.As far as I love Canada, I trust even a local visa officer under maple leaf flag will put prejudice aside when a fate of a family is in his/her hands.

Canada_dream100,and Sama2007 thanks a lot.

Even though I am upset and confused currently, when I see the kind gestures of you guys, do appreciate much all these things you guys give me.Please put me and my family into your prayers.Good luck to you all.