+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To Decline or Not To Decline...

cindyu

Mar 21, 2016
Hi,

Has anyone ever declined their ITA and got another one in the next draws before the entry profile is expired? I'm really thinking to decline my ITA because I've just realized that I might have entered a misleading information, but I'm wondering if this would be a foolish decision. I would like to know the likelihood of getting another invitation.

Does anyone know if CIC will count positions that match the NOC description, but are held before the date you indicate that you are qualified for the job? So, I entered May 2015 for the date I first became qualified for the occupation I'm basing my application on simply because that was when I received my Master's degree related to the occupation. However, I also included in my work history a position, also falls under the same NOC number, that I held from 2013 to 2015. Now I'm concerned if they would not count this position because it was before I stated that I was qualified for it. Technically I was qualified for the position because I had already had a Bachelor's then and NOC's minimum requirement for the position is a Bachelor's.

Last edited:

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I would say that your qualification date is incorrect. I was working as a Business Analyst/Project Manager before I got my masters in project manager. My company at the time felt I was qualified to do the job of a project manager, so that's the role i had. It's still skilled work.

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
Hi,

Has anyone ever declined their ITA and got another one in the next draws before the entry profile is expired? I'm really thinking to decline my ITA because I've just realized that I might have entered a misleading information, but I'm wondering if this would be a foolish decision. I would like to know the likelihood of getting another invitation.

Does anyone know if CIC will count positions that match the NOC description, but are held before the date you indicate that you are qualified for the job? So, I entered May 2015 for the date I first became qualified for the occupation I'm basing my application on simply because that was when I received my Master's degree related to the occupation. However, I also included in my work history a position, also falls under the same NOC number, that I held from 2013 to 2015. Now I'm concerned if they would not count this position because it was before I stated that I was qualified for it. Technically I was qualified for the position because I had already had a Bachelor's then and NOC's minimum requirement for the position is a Bachelor's.
What's your CRS?