+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To Dear qorax and other seniors who have landed an imp clarification pl.

Dec 9, 2009
Iam planning to leave to canada from hyderabad on 20 may by British Airways and the connecting flights are as follows: 1. hyderabad to london

2. london to montreal canada

3. montreal to toronto.

My place of landing is toronto but first i am landing in montreal canada for few hours to take another flight to toronto, so my question is which place immirgration work will take place either in montreal or toronto.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

21685 said:
Iam planning to leave to canada from hyderabad on 20 may by British Airways and the connecting flights are as follows: 1. hyderabad to london

3. montreal to toronto.

My place of landing is toronto but first i am landing in montreal canada for few hours to take another flight to toronto, so my question is which place immirgration work will take place either in montreal or toronto.
Montreal

PMM

Dec 9, 2009
thank you PMM one more thing i like to ask you will it be a problem having immigration work at montreal because within 2to 3 hrs we have to take another connecting flight for toronto, if the immigration formalities are not completed within this time will there be any problem.

yenz

Feb 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi 21685:)

May I ask if we need a transit visa going to london prior to going to Toronto, with 2 hours waiting time in Heathrow,London with connecting flight via Air canada. are we considered transit without visa?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
21685 said:
Iam planning to leave to canada from hyderabad on 20 may by British Airways and the connecting flights are as follows:
1. hyderabad to london
3. montreal to toronto.

If u do not have to go thru the passport control, u don't do it in Montreal. U might wait in the Transit Bay & follow to your next flight, internally. I have done so a couple of times in few airports.

But I don't know Montreal's situation. In any case the BA ground staff would help u out. As u r taking 'their' connecting flight.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
yenz said:
Hi 21685:)

May I ask if we need a transit visa going to london prior to going to Toronto, with 2 hours waiting time in Heathrow,London with connecting flight via Air canada. are we considered transit without visa?
No. U don't need a Transit visa.

kash0081

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
I am sure seniors have more exp on this but as far as I know you will have to go through pp control as montreal to toronto will be domestic so technically u enter the country at montreal poe
Wether u will be able to do landing is a question as you cannot go through pp control without visa and u cannot use the landing visa in montreal as it comes in qubec if you are a normal fsw applicant.
However pls confirm all to avoid problems
Best of luck
Regards
Kash

TbilisiAnkara

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How is it possible to get on an internal flight (Montreal-Toronto) without entering Canada at Montreal first?
I think it's impossible, so POE is Montreal and this is where they check your visa. I am pretty sure.

At which airports have you done that?
Qorax, usually your info is very reliable but this time you are wrong, I think.

qorax said:
If u do not have to go thru the passport control, u don't do it in Montreal. U might wait in the Transit Bay & follow to your next flight, internally. I have done so a couple of times in few airports.

But I don't know Montreal's situation. In any case the BA ground staff would help u out. As u r taking 'their' connecting flight.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
TbilisiAnkara said:
How is it possible to get on an internal flight (Montreal-Toronto) without entering Canada at Montreal first?
I think it's impossible, so POE is Montreal and this is where they check your visa. I am pretty sure.

Yes brother, I could be wrong. I never said it would be that way, besides I've no clue of Montreal.

I've done so with Heathrow, Berlin, Amman, Damascus, Warsaw, Cape Town & few more. Got to the connecting flights from the Transit bay. Didn't enter the cities.

Qorax

TbilisiAnkara

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can transit a country without entering it. The same about the Schengen area.
E.g. Dubai-London-New York, Amman-Berlin-London, Dubai-Istanbul-Rome, Istanbul-Zurich-Toronto, etc etc etc

In this case you do NOT enter transit countries/areas (London, Berlin, Istanbul, Zurich, etc etc ).

But if your connecting airport is in the same country/visa area, as the destination, you enter it in your connecting airport and this is where your passport/border control is.

E.g. Dubai-Paris-Berlin passenger enters Schengen area in Paris, Dubai-Istanbul-Ankara passenger goes through passport control in Istanbul (and not in Ankara, because he arrives to Ankara as a domestic passenger) , and Bombay-New York- Chicago passenger enters USA in New York and gets immigration and customs in New York.
This is why if you take Hyderabad-London-Montreal-Toronto flight, you enter Canada in Montreal and your landing is in Montreal.

I hope I was clear.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TbilisiAnkara said:

Yes. Any international passenger landing in a country with that country's entry visa has to complete the Immigration and Customs at that landing airport. . So the entry to the transit lounge will be only for those still have further international travel from there. An immigrant landing at Montreal or at any International airport in Canada has to complete the immigration and customs there itself, prior to his onward domestic travel.

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
hey plz check with BA, as per Air Canada site u have to pass through passport control and customs at Montreal airport but i think only for entry stamp, landing paper work can be done at Toronto.Check Air canada website for flight connection guidelines at Montreal airport.

let us know ur feedback,im also flying with BA in Aug.Dubai-London-Toronto and Toronto-Montreal- Londoan-Dubai.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To Qorax and all the Pros...

I live in the Dominican Republic and have applied for FSW - PRV last september. I received my AOR on December 03 and was given the ordinary 120 days timeline. Our cases were managed by CIC - Haiti. However, the earthquake that happened in Haiti changed the perspectives. As of last month, all those who reside in the Dominican Republic must send their docs... to Santo Domingo. I took myself all supportive docs this week to Santo Domingo.

The point is that I have a feeling that what hurts our brothers in Haiti will help speeding our cases since the CIC Santo Domingo will not have to work with applications from abroad.

Do you guys agree?