+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To Canada from ND - Lets Plan travel together

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
hi all...

it's thursday in india....new day with new hopes...lets hope that thursday brings the good news/updates for people who are waiting to hear something from chc nd

all the best and good luck :)

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, Finally landing on 5th May 2011. Cthy Pacific flight from India on 4th May at 11:30 PM

Any one else planning trip around same time?

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
CBI said:
Friends,

I have prepared a list before & after landing........

Please add your comments & specifications.

CHECK LIST

Before moving

1. TICKET BOOKING
2. INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE WITH EXTRACT
3. SCOTIA BANK ACCOUNT
4. BREAK FD (ARRANGE FUND)
5. TRANSFER FUND
6. DOCUMENTS IN ORGINAL (WITH 3 COPIES OF EACH) EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION, DRIVING LICENSE, PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPHS (ENOUGH COPIES)
7. IMMUNIZATION CERTIFICATE
8. B4 FORM (ITEMS TO CARRY) 2 copies
9. B4-A FORM (ITEM TO FOLLOW) 2 copies
10. JEWELERY PHOTOS AND PRICE
11. PR CARD APPLICATION FORM
12. SIN CARD APPLICATION FORM

Landing Procedure

1. Fill & keep ready Disembarkation Card/Form We take that form & first go to the 'Passport Control'
2. Inform them we have come for our Landing
3. Go to Newly Immigrants Counter
4. Show the COPR & POF
5. Submit the PR Card Application (Form 5444E)
6. Move to Service Canada office (We get lot of books & information)
7. Move to CBSA (Custom) and declare the Fund, Jewellery, submit B4 & B4-A form 2 copies each (1 copy will get back)

After landing

1. SIN CARD APPLICATION
2. BANK ACCOUNT ACTIVATION
3. FIND ACCOMMODATION
4. SCHOOL ADMISSION (NEED IMMUNIZATION RECORD)
5. PREPARE RESUME AND SEARCH JOB
6. DRIVING LICENSE

You don't need any forms for PR/SIN cards. No photos required, either. All procedures have been simplified. Pre-filled B4A form may be useful if you have 'goods to follow'. My wife landed at Calgary. Custom authorities there were not even aware of this form. She had to request them to stamp it. I landed at Toronto. Nobody asked me for B4 form.
No disembarkation card is required to be filled. You need to fill up only 'Customs declaration form'. You will be given this form in the plane.
I had opened account in Scotiabank in Dubai. Even that, i found after arriving here, wasn't useful. One needs to go to their Bloor/Yonge branch in Toronto downtown to activate the account, which may be cumbersome. Easier way is to open account in any nearby branch after landing here and bringing funds in form of cash/TCs/DD.
I didn't see any Service Canada counter at the airport. When you go to apply for your SIN card you can collect useful brochures from their office.
Immigration officers are very polite. They would ask you about the funds and goods you are carrying/goods to follow. They would return to you the counterfoil of 'customs declaration form'
You need to pay C$2/- for a trolley. Don't worry if you don't have change. I gave C$100/- bill to the attendant and he returned to me C$98. Take your baggage and proceed towards exit. At customs check point they would collect customs declaration form counterfoil. As you exit from the airport, you would find taxis. And if someone is going to come to pick you up you should move to the road farther down. Since parking at the airport is expensive, it is better to call the guy after after landing. The whole procedure at Toronto airport take approx. 40 minutes.

Canadian-dream

Mar 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Docs sent on: 06-04-2011, Recived By CIO 12-04-2011
AOR Received.
PER Recieved on 18-05-2011, 2nd AOR 0n 19-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
RBVO : 14-06-2011 Changed to "In Process" on 17-11-2011
Med's Request
17/11/2011
Med's Done....
01/12/2011
Interview........
waived by God's Grace
Passport Req..
17/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/12/2011
LANDED..........
29/04/2011
ankit_20 said:
Guys I was doing some home work for preparing for the landing and Prepared this checklist. I hope it helps others who are also planning the landing soon

CHECK LIST of Docs
IDP and Driving License
Letter from RTO regarding Driving Exp
No Claim leter from Insurance Co.
Travel Insurance
POF
Birth Certificate
Marriage Certificate
All Original and Copy of Work Ex and Educational Certificates
Reference Letters
Ticket
Hotel Booking