NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
Hello everyone,

So I have Permanent Residency since March 2020, but I returned back to complete my job contract (until July 2021). I've met someone here in UAE a while back who I am still thinking about getting married to (semi-arranged marriage you can say), but part of the decision lies with how long it'll take her to join me in Canada (my initial plan was to go after by Aug/Sept this year). She does not have enough points to apply for the PR herself (we're both in our 30s) so I was looking at the in-land and out-land sponsorship option as the next best possibility.

Option A was that we could apply for a TRV before getting married, then she comes with me and I go the in-land sponsorship route (based on what I've been seeing some people talk about here). But I think visit visa's aren't possible right now so that might not be possible. TRVs appear to be possible if you have a spouse/partner who is a citizen/PR holder from what I could understand through the eligibility page, but then everyone says TRVs for spouses are very rare or difficult to get.

Option B would be that we just get married here (in UAE before July), and I still go by Aug/Sept and then apply for her as an outland sponsorship (since getting her there on TRV after getting married looks unlikely). They say it takes 12 months for it, but it could take even longer due to the current circumstances but that could mean living there without her for maybe even more than a year. If that is the case, then I think I'll not go ahead because as wonderful as she is, we've only known each other for a month and half (arranged marriage remember) and it seems too long drawn on of an option with too many 'maybes' and 'ifs' in it.

Have I understood all these right and are these the only real possibilities? Thank you for your time and sorry, I couldn't make it shorter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

So I have Permanent Residency since March 2020, but I returned back to complete my job contract (until July 2021). I've met someone here in UAE a while back who I am still thinking about getting married to (semi-arranged marriage you can say), but part of the decision lies with how long it'll take her to join me in Canada (my initial plan was to go after by Aug/Sept this year). She does not have enough points to apply for the PR herself (we're both in our 30s) so I was looking at the in-land and out-land sponsorship option as the next best possibility.

Option A was that we could apply for a TRV before getting married, then she comes with me and I go the in-land sponsorship route (based on what I've been seeing some people talk about here). But I think visit visa's aren't possible right now so that might not be possible. TRVs appear to be possible if you have a spouse/partner who is a citizen/PR holder from what I could understand through the eligibility page, but then everyone says TRVs for spouses are very rare or difficult to get.

Option B would be that we just get married here (in UAE before July), and I still go by Aug/Sept and then apply for her as an outland sponsorship (since getting her there on TRV after getting married looks unlikely). They say it takes 12 months for it, but it could take even longer due to the current circumstances but that could mean living there without her for maybe even more than a year. If that is the case, then I think I'll not go ahead because as wonderful as she is, we've only known each other for a month and half (arranged marriage remember) and it seems too long drawn on of an option with too many 'maybes' and 'ifs' in it.

Have I understood all these right and are these the only real possibilities? Thank you for your time and sorry, I couldn't make it shorter.
Unless she can get a TRV before you get married you are likely looking at over a year separation.

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
Unless she can get a TRV before you get married you are likely looking at over a year separation.
Thank you for the response. It appears to show that TRV from the UAE would currently take 414 days, though I'm not totally sure if it is even possible to apply for it before getting married.

Given that spousal visa's normally take about a year, I'm struggling to find out if that number has increased, and if so by how much. Any help with these, even a ballpark figure will help at this point.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the response. It appears to show that TRV from the UAE would currently take 414 days, though I'm not totally sure if it is even possible to apply for it before getting married.

Given that spousal visa's normally take about a year, I'm struggling to find out if that number has increased, and if so by how much. Any help with these, even a ballpark figure will help at this point.
It varies by country.