+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TN visa - Bus trip to Seattle, USA

sham_visa

Jun 23, 2015
I received a job offer(from Texas, USA) under NAFTA listed profession.My job is in sync with my education(Masters in Computer Science)

I live in Vancouver, BC
Canadian citizen
Educated in India, with WES accreditation

I would like to travel by Bus(from Vancouver,BC to Seattle, USA) and obtain TN visa at Canada-US border. Purpose of this bus ride is to just obtain TN visa.

So, I will turn back(to Vancouver) from Seattle, on same day

Actual joining date of job is 03-july-2023

job location: Dallas, Texas, USA
So, after obtaining TN visa, through bus trip, plan is to fly directly to Dallas, Texas(from Vancouver)

1) Can I go for a bus trip to Seattle( from Vancouver) to just obtain TN visa?

2) if yes, what are list of documents that I need to carry?

Last edited:
Reactions: SVK21

VimalSagar

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Hi Sham_visa

I hope you are doing good and got success with your TN Journey. I need your suggestion regarding my Bachelor of Engineering since it is from India and Master of Engineering from Canada. Do I need to do WES for US Equivalency for Bachelors ?

If yes then WES for US in which should I select Immigration Purpose OR Employment ?

Another thing is: I am getting offer from my same Employer in US and Start date will be Mid of September, SO Can I still go at POE before a Month, just to be get sure about status and which can sure to wrap up the stuff in Canada for relocation ?

Thanks advance and will wait for your reply. It would be great help if you could answer this please.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received a job offer(from Texas, USA) under NAFTA listed profession.My job is in sync with my education(Masters in Computer Science)

I live in Vancouver, BC
Canadian citizen

I would like to travel by Bus(from Vancouver,BC to Seattle, USA) and obtain TN visa at Canada-US border. Purpose of this bus ride is to just obtain TN visa.

So, after obtaining TN visa, through bus trip, plan is to fly directly to Dallas, Texas(from Vancouver)

Why waste over 3 hours in the traffic for a bus trip to Seattle when you can just walk to the Tsawwassen/Point Roberts border crossing for the same results? Or why not fly to Dallas from Seattle?

nickajain

Oct 7, 2023

I live in Vancouver, BC
Canadian citizen

Hi Sham

Please if you could share your experience on this?