+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

tly and work as Nurse. Need your advice and guidance.

OBIBAH

Jan 23, 2019
I want to move to Canada permanently and work as Nurse. Need your advice and guidance. Thanks

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I don't know where you are from, but be aware you may have to retain. My sister came from Scotland. She was a staff nurse there, but got told she would have to retrain.

OBIBAH

Jan 23, 2019
Meaning she wasn't given any opportunity to do apptitude test to be accepted as a professional Nurse
I don't know where you are from, but be aware you may have to retain. My sister came from Scotland. She was a staff nurse there, but got told she would have to retrain.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Meaning she wasn't given any opportunity to do apptitude test to be accepted as a professional Nurse
Meaning she was told she had to retrain, as in not just take a test. She is in Ontario and had to give up a job because they changed the law stating a nurse can come and just take a test. She was not just a nurse, she was head of a few wards in Scotland.

OBIBAH

Jan 23, 2019
Ok
But did she received employment from any hospital or she went there before seeking job?

Meaning she was told she had to retrain, as in not just take a test. She is in Ontario and had to give up a job because they changed the law stating a nurse can come and just take a test. She was not just a nurse, she was head of a few wards in Scotland.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are many posts on this forum about nurses. You will likely have to o some form of retraining unless you come from a few select countries especially if you are an RN. I would suggest you search this forum or looking at the various provincial nursing regulatory bodies. You won't be able to get a nursing job before you arrive and get licensed.

OBIBAH

Jan 23, 2019
There are many posts on this forum about nurses. You will likely have to o some form of retraining unless you come from a few select countries especially if you are an RN. I would suggest you search this forum or looking at the various provincial nursing regulatory bodies. You won't be able to get a nursing job before you arrive and get licensed.
Ok thanks
But I would like to know of the few selected countries and any issues or guidance concerning the licensing of nurses from different countries.