+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for Tourist Visa While Waiting PR Approval

Dpc2629

May 24, 2019
Hello,

Just wanted to know if anyone has gotten their visa approved while waiting for their PR. My husband and I are thinking of applying for a tourist visa while we wait for his PR. He has already sent in his biometrics & medical exam. We are trying to have him come visit me for a couple of weeks since I will be receiving some serious treatments.

Thanks for all your help!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Chances of it being approved are very slim. Follow the check list and try your luck

siamyvr

Jan 5, 2019
Can u share more about your experience? What proofs you put? Made invitation? Thank u for your time and information!!
Sure. We were quite thorough. I wrote a detailed invitation, making sure I tick all of the boxes from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html

We also included 4 months worth of bank statements from both of us (both I and her have non-zero balances). I wrote a financial support letter (guarantee that I will cover her expenses). We included our marriage certificate copy. We bought a return ticket (I think this one is quite important, albeit a bit risky). She did have a number of Schengen visas she used and we had some other trips to countries where she doesn't need a visa. I think (but can't confirm) that this might have been an important factor as well.

We didn't hide the fact that we're waiting for her PR application -- in fact, I prominently mentioned that in my invitation saying that we're doing this because the application is still being processed.

Her approval (we submitted online) took about two days. No interview requested.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Reactions: sveta

Dpc2629

May 24, 2019
Sure. We were quite thorough. I wrote a detailed invitation, making sure I tick all of the boxes from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html

We also included 4 months worth of bank statements from both of us (both I and her have non-zero balances). I wrote a financial support letter (guarantee that I will cover her expenses). We included our marriage certificate copy. We bought a return ticket (I think this one is quite important, albeit a bit risky). She did have a number of Schengen visas she used and we had some other trips to countries where she doesn't need a visa. I think (but can't confirm) that this might have been an important factor as well.

We didn't hide the fact that we're waiting for her PR application -- in fact, I prominently mentioned that in my invitation saying that we're doing this because the application is still being processed.

Her approval (we submitted online) took about two days. No interview requested.

Hopefully this is helpful.
Thank you so much!