+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for new comers to find a job in Canada

mit90

Nov 23, 2018
@russ6970
how much can you earn (average per month) if you get a starting job at (macdnold's, small shops, others) ? ** after tax

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Yes i've chosen Montreal in my application of sponsorship, however my French is Fair and i think (correct me if I'm wrong) the requirements of Montreal Job market requires perfect French business communication. therefore i might consider moving to Toronto after receiving my PR.
i checked http://www.accesemployment.ca/sales-and-marketing-connections. seems the right way to start your career journey
Agree, its a good program for someone who already has the background and experience (i.e. Job Ready) but only lacks professional connections and local orientation.

generally you need to be fluent in French in Montreal if your job requires a lot of communication with Business partners, clients etc. I do know some people who managed to get by without knowledge of french but that's mostly in back-end jobs that rely mostly on hard technical skills.

Reactions: mit90

mit90

Nov 23, 2018
Agree, its a good program for someone who already has the background and experience (i.e. Job Ready) but only lacks professional connections and local orientation.

generally you need to be fluent in French in Montreal if your job requires a lot of communication with Business partners, clients etc. I do know some people who managed to get by without knowledge of french but that's mostly in back-end jobs that rely mostly on hard technical skills.
thanks again,
1- can you please advise on the average wages :
- starting job ( macdonalds, tim hortons, small shops)
-professional job ( sales , sales manager, sales team leader)

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
thanks again,
1- can you please advise on the average wages :
- starting job ( macdonalds, tim hortons, small shops)
Those are minimum wage jobs, in Ontario its about $14 per hour. If you have to do these kind of jobs, my advice is to try and do evenings and weekends only. Save your "day-time" for doing things that can have a larger impact on your professional job search, such as attending Networking events, meeting with Recruitment companies, attending Professional programs, attending interviews etc.

You would never get an interview call at night or on a weekend, but during weekdays-(09:00 to 05:00 pm) you can receive a call anytime as long as you are actively job-searching so better to be readily available

-professional job ( sales , sales manager, sales team leader)
It really depends on what you are selling...for example in the IT/Telecom industry a person doing "door-to-door" Sales for internet services would make around $40k - $45k per year before tax, but an "IT Solutions Sales Manager" could be making anywhere between $60k to $120k depending on experience, profile strength etc and level of skillset the job requires.

What is your field/specialization or Industry? If you describe more what you do, i may be able to provide some insights

Last edited:

mit90

Nov 23, 2018
Those are minimum wage jobs, in Ontario its about $14 per hour. If you have to do these kind of jobs, my advice is to try and do evenings and weekends only. Save your "day-time" for doing things that can have a larger impact on your professional job search, such as attending Networking events, meeting with Recruitment companies, attending Professional programs, attending interviews etc.

You would never get an interview call at night or on a weekend, but during weekdays-(09:00 to 05:00 pm) you can receive a call anytime as long as you are actively job-searching so better to be readily available

It really depends on what you are selling...for example in the IT/Telecom industry a person doing "door-to-door" Sales for internet services would make around $40k - $45k per year before tax, but an "IT Solutions Sales Manager" could be making anywhere between $60k to $120k depending on experience, profile strength etc and level of skillset the job requires.

What is your field/specialization or Industry? If you describe more what you do, i may be able to provide some insights
i am working as a sales team manager in a multinational company based in KSA selling construction chemical products (construction industry)
i hold a Business managment degree

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
i am working as a sales team manager in a multinational company based in KSA selling construction chemical products (construction industry)
i hold a Business managment degree
Ok i see,
Apologies, i don't have much insight on the pay-scale of that field

HarshaPatil

Dec 15, 2018
Hello,

Will there be enough jobs in the Canadian film industry for an Indian student who will complete a 2-year film course in Canada? Are any ways to apply for these as part-time jobs while I am still studying?

Thank you for any help and guidance!

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hello,

Will there be enough jobs in the Canadian film industry for an Indian student who will complete a 2-year film course in Canada? Are any ways to apply for these as part-time jobs while I am still studying?

Thank you for any help and guidance!
What does it matter if you are Indian or not? If you are good at what you are doing you have a chance. If not, then who knows..

Reactions: HarshaPatil