First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Dear Friends,

Finally the anticipated day has come, status changed to Decision made and PPR email came yesterday. Option to send passport to NDVO and Ottawa in case all applicants are here was mentioned. As parents are here, will be sending the passports to Ottawa. Best of luck and good luck to all these waiting for PPR. My timeline is as below:

Applied : January 2016 ,
Sponsorship Approved : July 2016,
Medical May 2018,
PCC & RPRF request and Pre-arrival letter : June 2018,
Decision made and Received email to send passport: July 25th 2018
my congrats :)

Reactions: guha_ganesh

tian4738

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Dear Friends,

Finally the anticipated day has come, status changed to Decision made and PPR email came yesterday. Option to send passport to NDVO and Ottawa in case all applicants are here was mentioned. As parents are here, will be sending the passports to Ottawa. Best of luck and good luck to all these waiting for PPR. My timeline is as below:

Medical May 2018,
congras!!

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I also got a new message on july 24.to submit a "letter of explanation" about my mom's first marrige. Just write two sentence to say"divorced". don't know if it works
I think they want divorce certificate
so did you passed IME? when?

tian4738

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
I think they want divorce certificate
so did you passed IME? when?
Yes, IME passed on Jun.02. my mom had two marrige and I just fill out my step father's info. and didn' mention my biological father in the IM0008 form. I thought they want only lastest marrige detail. This morning I received message they want divorce certificate. @YULIA-2016 you are correct. I am preparing it and will take some time:p

Last edited:

balakam

Apr 18, 2015
I have been granted COPR & visa has been stamped on my passport. I will be landing in the middle of October, 2018 and would like to know whether there is any minimum amount of CAD I need to carry to fulfill/satisfy immigration officer? As I am sponsored by my daughter, I am under the impression that there is no need to carry any minimum CAD requirement for my stay in Canada. Appreciate if anyone can respond to this query.

Similarly, is there any need to declare my financial assets to the immigration officer or to the customs officer while landing?

Rock1973

May 20, 2016
I have been granted COPR & visa has been stamped on my passport. I will be landing in the middle of October, 2018 and would like to know whether there is any minimum amount of CAD I need to carry to fulfill/satisfy immigration officer? As I am sponsored by my daughter, I am under the impression that there is no need to carry any minimum CAD requirement for my stay in Canada. Appreciate if anyone can respond to this query.

Similarly, is there any need to declare my financial assets to the immigration officer or to the customs officer while landing?
There is no need or requirement to declare anything,
But when asked if there are any goods to follow, you should say "Yes, since I am moving permanently to Canada, in future I will sell my assets and bring the money to Canada", so in future there will not be any customs related issue.

smoorthy

May 17, 2018
Dear Friends,

Medical May 2018,
Congrats and Best Wishes!!!

My timeline for my parents is same as yours, except that I haven't heard anything after the pre-arrival letter. I received the pre-arrival letter on June 28th 2018. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

guha_ganesh

Nov 3, 2017

My timeline for my parents is same as yours, except that I haven't heard anything after the pre-arrival letter. I received the pre-arrival letter on June 28th 2018. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!
It should happen soon for you too.. best of luck..

balakam

Apr 18, 2015

I got the letter for sending across the passport in 2 months from the date of receiving the pre-arrival letter. So definitely before the end of August you should get such letter. All the best.

balakam

Apr 18, 2015
There is no need or requirement to declare anything,
But when asked if there are any goods to follow, you should say "Yes, since I am moving permanently to Canada, in future I will sell my assets and bring the money to Canada", so in future there will not be any customs related issue.
I think you have not understood my question properly. I will be sending house hold items which I am using to Canada once I set up a house and I will be handing over a separate list of same to the Customs. However, the financial assets such as shares, bank deposits which are kept elsewhere and which will continue to be kept elsewhere - Is there any need to declare these details to customs at the time of entering Canada? Similarly should I be carrying any minimum amount of CAD by way of Bank Draft to show to immigration officer as is required if I were to land on express entry?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
please continue to update info, I enter all into my link below

Last edited:

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Hello all - I have not posted in a while but wanted to let you know my app which was submitted on Jan 5th 2016 was finalized this year - my parents landed in April 2018.

I have been busy with a lot so have just now found the time to post. My parents were requested to do their medicals last year May 2017 and in January 2018 received their COPR and landed in April before their medicals expired.

Just waiting on my husbands file to be finalized so I can move on to applying for my citizenship - I have delayed this process as I had both my parents and husbands applications to follow up on.

Best wishes to all!

ershadiubc

Apr 21, 2017
Hi All,

Just want to know if anyone went through this process; I sponsored my parents when I was living in Ontario [address given to their PR application is in Ontario; their application got approved Jan-30 2018; got the visa to land (visa is valid until Jan-30, 2019). I am planning to bring them to Canada this Sept [booked air ticket].

My job situation changed and I am now moving to Quebec on October-1. Question I have:

Can my parents land to Canada and apply for followings with my new Quebec address?

- SIN Card
- PR Card
- After 3 months Quebec Health Insurance Card

Did anyone go through this situation? Also, to apply for SIN card, do you need PR card? If not PR card, which document you will need to submit?

Regards,

ER.

guha_ganesh

Nov 3, 2017
Medical May 2018,
Passport sent July 26th
PPT raced at Ottawa July 27th
Stamped/Approved: July 31st