+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

ArrowS

Mar 18, 2016
Please check if you can courier passports, I remember someone tried to send passport in mail and passports were stuck at Canada customs.
So is it not a good idea to ask Parents to send passports internationally ? Has anybody tried that ? Or maybe then I should ask CPCO to send instructions to send passports to the nearest VISA office...Any good suggestions ?

Shravzs

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
Doc's Request.
06-07-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2017
So is it not a good idea to ask Parents to send passports internationally ? Has anybody tried that ? Or maybe then I should ask CPCO to send instructions to send passports to the nearest VISA office...Any good suggestions ?
DO NOT send passports in post from outside the country. There is a very good chance they will be stuck. immediately send them that email asking for instructions.

NEWS from my end - parents passports got stamped and returned as of today. Date is not one year from stamping but 2 months short of it i.e for 10 months validity. Almost complete, next steps parents will have to travel but that might not happen until sometime next year March or April, so the next set of steps of getting PR card will be then.

Reactions: dadaum

PGPapplicant

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Did you get an update ? We submitted PCC 2 weeks back and yesterday got PPR request from Ottawa. Now in the email it states that if you want an address outside Canada then send us an email. Taking a leaf out of your exp., I am going to ask my parents to send their passports to me and I will then send it to CPCO and when I receive it back with VISA, I will courier it back to my Parents. I don't want to waste time by asking them to send instructions as to how can my parents get this VISA stamped in home country...Also Ottawa is faster than Indian VISA offices, I presume!
its not legal to courier passport outside country, i think better option is tell your parents to visit canda on visitor visa and send passports to ottawa for stamping , or reply to email for visa stamping in New Delhi, Sending passport in courier can lead to more complications later.

Reactions: ArrowS

PGPapplicant

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
its not legal to courier passport outside country, i think better option is tell your parents to visit canda on visitor visa and send passports to ottawa for stamping , or reply to email for visa stamping in New Delhi, Sending passport in courier can lead to more complications later.
I asked for instructions to submit passport at New delhi, no news yet, i called cic, they told me to wait for 2 more weeks, expecting something this week or next week , i know some people did the same in 2017 forum, they got instructions next day,

ArrowS

Mar 18, 2016
Yeah that's exactly what they are going to do..They anyway had to come after VISA stamping, now they are coming here in two weeks (have 10 years multiple VISA) and we will courier there passports right after. Thanks Guys. I am glad I checked out or else it would have delayed so much.

Good luck everyone waiting...

Reactions: tian4738

mtlola

May 3, 2018
Just got PPR for my parents and they need to go to Turkey/Ankara to issue visa or send passport with a massenger.

In turkey VAC website they are talking about biometric needed for permenant residence as of 31st July 2018.

Does anybody know if this is for new applicants or even my parents need it?

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Shravzs

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
Doc's Request.
06-07-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2017
I received PPR in my junk mail by the way, it was sitting there for 10 days!
This happens. So it is suggested to make sure some rules are set up to identify mails for cic and mark them as not spam or of importance so that they never go to junk.

mtlola

May 3, 2018
This happens. So it is suggested to make sure some rules are set up to identify mails for cic and mark them as not spam or of importance so that they never go to junk.
Yes just be careful it might not be from usual email adress you always get update I always received emails from CPC ottawa this one was from CPC Ankara

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Yes just be careful it might not be from usual email adress you always get update I always received emails from CPC ottawa this one was from CPC Ankara
please give me your full timeline , I will enter to SS :)

Reactions: guha_ganesh

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015
Does anyone know until when dependent can be added to the PR application (converting from non-accompanying to accompanying dependent who has gone though all the PCC and med procedures and deemed 'admissible to Canada')?

guha_ganesh

Nov 3, 2017
Dear Friends,

Finally the anticipated day has come, status changed to Decision made and PPR email came yesterday. Option to send passport to NDVO and Ottawa in case all applicants are here was mentioned. As parents are here, will be sending the passports to Ottawa. Best of luck and good luck to all these waiting for PPR. My timeline is as below:

Applied : January 2016 ,
Sponsorship Approved : July 2016,
Medical May 2018,
PCC & RPRF request and Pre-arrival letter : June 2018,
Decision made and Received email to send passport: July 25th 2018

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Does anyone know until when dependent can be added to the PR application (converting from non-accompanying to accompanying dependent who has gone though all the PCC and med procedures and deemed 'admissible to Canada')?
should be till 22 y.o and I think you can pay and add before get PPR so be hurry

Reactions: tanvirmk

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I've got email today that I have a message in my account. guess what -redo medical :(

Last edited: