+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

PGPapplicant

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
i got PPR on July 3 to submit passport at ottawa , but parents are in india, i sent email to CPC ottawa on same day about instructions to submit passport at VFS india, but no reply from CPC ottawa . its already 2 weeks. anybody knows if i can take PPR letter and try to submit passport at VF
S india with out receiving instructions from them.

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
Hi Pamma97
Is the appeal procedure tough for your SA? or just VO found their mistake and approved it right away? This is really a good sample and giving hope to other guys in same situation.
Hey Tian4738,

I did not had to appeal because i emailed them by every possible way i can, i think more than 5 times and eventually they replied on one of them saying we will consider your request for the sponsorship and asked for the option C print outs for 2017. Which I provided them through web form and after 3 weeks they approved the sponsorship and file transferred to NDVO. Initially it was in Ottawa but now it is in NDVO which makes no sense as my mom is here in Canada. I'll just wait and see what next they ask and maybe will send them web inquiry to check and see where is my file and where is medical which we did.

Reactions: tian4738

tian4738

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Hey Tian4738,

I did not had to appeal because i emailed them by every possible way i can, i think more than 5 times and eventually they replied on one of them saying we will consider your request for the sponsorship and asked for the option C print outs for 2017. Which I provided them through web form and after 3 weeks they approved the sponsorship and file transferred to NDVO. Initially it was in Ottawa but now it is in NDVO which makes no sense as my mom is here in Canada. I'll just wait and see what next they ask and maybe will send them web inquiry to check and see where is my file and where is medical which we did.
This is really a good news and congras again! for the medical, you had received a ME request before right? I think that means your mom's medical account already created in CIC system. Maybe you are able to do medical in advance without further notice from NDVO. You could phone to a canada local clinic and see if it is posible to have ME in canada.because after exam, the doctor will be responsible to upload result, so I think they are able to see Medical info. in CIC system. it will save time:)

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
This is really a good news and congras again! for the medical, you had received a ME request before right? I think that means your mom's medical account already created in CIC system. Maybe you are able to do medical in advance without further notice from NDVO. You could phone to a canada local clinic and see if it is posible to have ME in canada.because after exam, the doctor will be responsible to upload result, so I think they are able to see Medical info. in CIC system. it will save time:)
We had done the medical in May when we got the request from Ottawa but then in June they rejected the sponsorship. So now again we are approved and file is transferred to NDVO but they initial medical request was from Ottawa and we have completed that.

tian4738

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
We had done the medical in May when we got the request from Ottawa but then in June they rejected the sponsorship. So now again we are approved and file is transferred to NDVO but they initial medical request was from Ottawa and we have completed that.
oh,good! rest of time is just wait:)

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey Guys, does anyone know the exact requirement for PCC ? If the applicant spent 6 months in another country cumulatively rather than consecutively, is a PCC still required ?

Example: applicants spends 3 months in Country A, comes back to home country, spends another 3 months in Country A, comes back to home country.

Anyone has experience with this ? Thanks!

tian4738

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Hey Guys, does anyone know the exact requirement for PCC ? If the applicant spent 6 months in another country cumulatively rather than consecutively, is a PCC still required ?

Example: applicants spends 3 months in Country A, comes back to home country, spends another 3 months in Country A, comes back to home country.

Anyone has experience with this ? Thanks!
See page"765", somebody talking this question too. Looks like CIC count the cumulative time of 6 months.

Reactions: razerblade

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
See page"765", somebody talking this question too. Looks like CIC count the cumulative time of 6 months.
Thanks! Getting mixed information from people. I guess I should start working on gathering PCCs just to be safe. Expecting PCC request in the next few months for my parents.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
nothing from warsaw :cool:

ArrowS

Mar 18, 2016
i got PPR on July 3 to submit passport at ottawa , but parents are in india, i sent email to CPC ottawa on same day about instructions to submit passport at VFS india, but no reply from CPC ottawa . its already 2 weeks. anybody knows if i can take PPR letter and try to submit passport at VF
S india with out receiving instructions from them.
Did you get an update ? We submitted PCC 2 weeks back and yesterday got PPR request from Ottawa. Now in the email it states that if you want an address outside Canada then send us an email. Taking a leaf out of your exp., I am going to ask my parents to send their passports to me and I will then send it to CPCO and when I receive it back with VISA, I will courier it back to my Parents. I don't want to waste time by asking them to send instructions as to how can my parents get this VISA stamped in home country...Also Ottawa is faster than Indian VISA offices, I presume!

Rock1973

May 20, 2016
Did you get an update ? We submitted PCC 2 weeks back and yesterday got PPR request from Ottawa. Now in the email it states that if you want an address outside Canada then send us an email. Taking a leaf out of your exp., I am going to ask my parents to send their passports to me and I will then send it to CPCO and when I receive it back with VISA, I will courier it back to my Parents. I don't want to waste time by asking them to send instructions as to how can my parents get this VISA stamped in home country...Also Ottawa is faster than Indian VISA offices, I presume!
Please check if you can courier passports, I remember someone tried to send passport in mail and passports were stuck at Canada customs.