+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

PGPapplicant

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
My parents got the PPR request but because we were on 2 weeks vacation, they will be submitting passports now. They can do it in the local VFS office so they don't have to send passports anywhere. The request came on 26th June, 2017. The online tool shows Decision Made. Dad will give the passports in local VFS office this week and hopefully things will happen soon after that.

Cheers All
you got request to submit passport from ottawa or from new delhi.?? if you got it from ottawa, you need new ppr request from new delhi to submit passport at VFS india. i got PPr from ottawa, but parents are in india, i sent email to CPC ottawa for new PPr request from new delhi, no reply yet

ArrowS

Mar 18, 2016
you got request to submit passport from ottawa or from new delhi.?? if you got it from ottawa, you need new ppr request from new delhi to submit passport at VFS india. i got PPr from ottawa, but parents are in india, i sent email to CPC ottawa for new PPr request from new delhi, no reply yet
I don't think so! Even if you got the req. to submit from Ottawa, I think you should submit it in India bcoz your parents r in India. ???

Reactions: guha_ganesh

guha_ganesh

Nov 3, 2017
I don't think so! Even if you got the req. to submit from Ottawa, I think you should submit it in India bcoz your parents r in India. ???
That would be possible if we know for sure that NDVO has a record of the PPR sent out by the Ottawa office. Do we know if any Visa office had commented on this before for anyone else?

PGPapplicant

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
thats what i got in PPr email from ottawa

If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

i dont think so you can take PPR letter from ottawa and submit to VFS india, i called cic last wek, they told me it will take atleast 2 weeks for new PPR request .

Reactions: dadaum

Shravzs

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
Doc's Request.
06-07-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2017
thats what i got in PPr email from ottawa

If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

i dont think so you can take PPR letter from ottawa and submit to VFS india, i called cic last wek, they told me it will take atleast 2 weeks for new PPR request .

HI

@PGPapplicant ; @ArrowS ; @guha_ganesh

The letter that we received had clear instructions on how to proceed with submitting the PPR. My parents are not in India. The letter this time for PPR submission came from the local visa office of the country of current residence of my parents. We were given 3 options. preferred being to reach out to the Canadian Visa Application Center (VAC) nearest to them. Second was the Canadian Embassy in the nearby state and 3rd in case parents are temporarily in Canada and would stay in for a minimum of 3 more months then to submit to CPC - Ottawa - PR.

Going to VAC (VFS in their city) would require an appiontment and my dad to take a half day off from work, so he decided to post the passports to the Canadian Embassy in near by state with a self addressed airway envelope. All instructions around the airway envelope were also provided.

Surprisingly the instructions were quite clear, probably because it was not the LVO Delhi but the Embassy in the country of residence of my parents.

Hope this clears up all the questions asked.

Cheers
Shravzs

madraasguy

Jan 2, 2015
Finally completed landing process for my mother at Buffalo Peace Bridge Ontario. Here is what people need to do if anyone wants to do landing process by crossing the border.
1. Go early on Tues,Wed or Thursday around 7 to 7:30 AM to any of the three bridges in Niagara Falls.
2. USA border services insist you to do flagpole even if you have valid US visa and its pretty quick.
3. Make sure you reach the Canadian border by 8:00 AM
Thats it.
Since this is completed, I need to follow up with CIC for possible refunding as primary applicant passed away before even PR progressing.

Thank you for the experts here and Good luck to others whoever waiting.

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
My mom's sponsorship is approved and file is transferred to NDVO. Before it was in Ottawa as she is with me here in Canada on super visa since 2012 but i do not know why they sent file to NDVO this time.

tian4738

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
My mom's sponsorship is approved and file is transferred to NDVO. Before it was in Ottawa as she is with me here in Canada on super visa since 2012 but i do not know why they sent file to NDVO this time.
Wow really such a good news! congratulation!

tan1chak2

Dec 12, 2008
Hi , My mother's PR application is progressing ( 2016 applicant). My husband and I are sponsors. She is the only applicant - no spouse/dependents

At this time , she has completed medical. She was asked for several documents including police clearances which have all been submitted except for her US police clearance as FBI keeps rejecting her fingerprints saying its low quality. She is still trying to get that done .
She did inform via email about this situation and asked for more time.

After several attempts I have just been able to link my mother's PR application to her GCKey account and this is what I see.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Not sure why eligibility review is still in progress as i read somewhere that medical is requested only after eligibility is passed.
I am also wondering if they are ok with the other documents we have sent .
Also , what alternative do we have if the FBI check keeps failing . What would she need to provided to CIC to get waive this requirement in case repeated attempts dont go through.

Any thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

phd3726

Jun 14, 2018
Good news, but just to give you heads up... NDVO is very slow (slower than a snail)... My moms application is with them since Oct-2017, we got PR fee, PCC, travel document request in Dec-2017 and after that no communication. At this point I am not even sure if they have received the documents as they don't even reply to emails..

So good luck and keep us posted if anything changes.. I will do the same..

Reactions: mghchdh

phd3726

Jun 14, 2018
Good news, but just to give you heads up... NDVO is very slow (slower than a snail)... My moms application is with them since Oct-2017, we got PR fee, PCC, travel document request in Dec-2017 and after that no communication. At this point I am not even sure if they have received the documents as they don't even reply to emails..

Also my mom is in Canada on Super Visa since Feb-2017, still application was sent to NDVO.

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing

Yeah i do not know why they sent it to NDVO after all this. Medical request was from Ottawa which we got before they reject the sponsorship. Now sponsorship is approved and file transferred to NDVO and i do not see anything updated for Medical which we completed and i do not even think they will get it in NDVO if that was requested by Ottawa. It was a Emedcail so will it be upload online and attached to file??? how can i see if it is on file or not? i do not see anything on my account.

tian4738

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Yeah i do not know why they sent it to NDVO after all this. Medical request was from Ottawa which we got before they reject the sponsorship. Now sponsorship is approved and file transferred to NDVO and i do not see anything updated for Medical which we completed and i do not even think they will get it in NDVO if that was requested by Ottawa. It was a Emedcail so will it be upload online and attached to file??? how can i see if it is on file or not? i do not see anything on my account.

Hi Pamma97
Is the appeal procedure tough for your SA? or just VO found their mistake and approved it right away? This is really a good sample and giving hope to other guys in same situation.

Kheru

Jun 1, 2018
I have quick question on medicals. My mom and dad had their first medicals done on May 21st 2018 in New Delhi. Subsequent second medical for my dad was called and was completed on May 25th 2018 with a cardilogist. Then on July 6th received furthermore medical test required for my dad with a Nephrologist. The same was done and report submitted on July 14th 2018. Received another medical request today ie July 16th 2018 for dad to be done with the same nephrologist in 3 months. God knows what do they want. Anyone have any experience like this. Please share

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017

Hadd hei..
Absolutely Terrible serviser from ndvo

Surely there must be a place where applicants can lodge a complaint?

Reactions: phd3726