First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi guys,

Do you know how long it takes after a medical exam for MyCIC to change status to 'medical received'?

Thanks.
should be fast

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Yes I think its very normal. I have seen it in many other forums including this one that its asked.

Don't worry about it. Just fill in the CV like you would normally and send it.
Do you mean its typical even for Parents Sponsorship allocations?

I was little thrown off because I don't understand why would they need CV that is not the basis of the PR and not that my parents need to necessarily be employed.

Thanks

Reactions: mghchdh

toronto_dun

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Got a pre-arrival services letter today. I hope that means some progress soon. Any consensus on what it means? According to ATIP, my mom's medicals are expired but my dad's were extended to the end of this year. Waiting for the invitation for repeat medical now, I guess.

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017

I was little thrown off because I don't understand why would they need CV that is not the basis of the PR and not that my parents need to necessarily be employed.

Thanks
yes i have seen it in the parent sponsorship of 2011 and 2014 forums.
But the thing is CIC asked for CV..so you don't really have a choice now at this stage but to give one.
Just prepare the CV like you would any other CV and send it to them!

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hello Friends,

I won 2018 PGP
As part of Document Checklist (IMM 5771) ,
Supporting documents - Part A,
4. Proof of principal applicant's relationship to sponsor :
- Photocopy of the sponsor's birth certificate
But, I I don't have my birth certificate what else I can provide to prove the relationship between sponsor (myself-Canadian citizen) with principal application my father.
I was born in India and came to Canada an become citizen.

Thanks
Raj

johanna19782002

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2015

Thanks
Hi Indiapnp,

I think in either one way or the other, CIC is asking for the resume (CV) of the applicant for every case. I am sponsoring my Mom and just a month ago, I received the request of her medicals and additional documents. As part of this package requested we had to fill again the Schedule A form , and they specified for Section 8 and 12 ( Addresses and History) must be filled since my Mom was 18 year old with not gaps ( if you remember ,into the form says that you must fill it since 18 years old or in the last 10 years, whatever is most recent, then the last 10 years is what should apply to my mom according with this specification). Regardless what does the form say, I filled it as especified for the CIC agent but this is kind of equivalent to a resume or CV ,on my opinion, don't you think?.

If I were you, I wouldn't be suspicious or worried about this request. They are just digging about the past of future permanent residents as I think they must do, it is a background check on my opinion. Just make sure that all the information you are writing in the resume (CV) matches with whatever you wrote in the immigration forms you already sent ( Schedule A, etc).

Cheers,

Johanna

Reactions: dadaum and mghchdh

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
How many ppl are there from ndvo..whose
Received a request for mom’s passport as they say PR is ready to be issued. 28 months into the process and I feel like our family just won Million Dollars. Great to live in this wonderful country and build a future.
hey that's really good news!

Generally guys how long does it take for status to remain in background check?

Anon2016

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
Received a request for mom’s passport as they say PR is ready to be issued. 28 months into the process and I feel like our family just won Million Dollars. Great to live in this wonderful country and build a future.
Congratulations Bittboy34!

Can you share which visa office you are with? Thanks!