16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
Hi All,

Today i.e. 8th Mar 2018 Landing completed inside Canada at Etobicoke Office Toronto booked appointment on 28th Feb 2016 and completed just in one hour. As my previous message they demanded again 2 photographs and RPRF but today none has asked for photograph or RPRF.

Allotted SIN number same time.

Wish for all to complete all applications soon.

My time line is as under:-
application 4 Jan 2016,
SA 22 June 2016
1st med 20 Jan 2017(sent upfront Dt 12-3-2016) 2nd med 15 May 2017
Pre-arrival letter and Decision Made 10 Feb 2018-03-08
PPR 21 Feb 2018, Passport sent 22 Feb 2018,
COPR 23 Feb 2018, Got back Passports 28 Feb 2018,
Booked Landing Inside Canada 28 Feb 2018,
Got mail on 1st Mar My appointment fixed for 8th March 2018 at 2 PM at Etobicoke Office

Completed Landing today i.e. 8th Mar 2018.
Thank you very much for sharring.This is the REAL spirit of our forum.

tian4738

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
I know..i really feel very sorry for our situations..its really very sad :(
For my case, it has been lucky already. When I submitted application, the purolator was delayed one day and the file was arrived on Jan.05 2016. I thought there is no hope ,but later the cap increased to 10000. Finally my mom's case was counted in. If wait until 2017 with lottery system, I dont know how long will we wait! mabye can not apply forever

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi Sam0001 and goldencanada

In my understanding , if you guys have had received a pre-arrival letter earlier then there is no need to be worried about because Immigration Office does send that letter only for probable applicants, sooner or later you both will receive good news.
Pkur - I noticed your office was NDVO & you as well got the pre-arrival letter back in Nov 2017.

Could you please share your timeline after that ? Thanks

kaelon

May 29, 2017
We did the medical exam in Oct 2016... Not sure if anything went wrong but from the CIC status, progress stopped there confirmation of receiving medical exam. :(
Hi! It is the same in our case. After the medical exam in Oct 2016 no news at all. We send a couple of emails amd we were told to be patient. We haven't got re-medical exam request.

miryazdan

Nov 10, 2015
Hello All,
I'm in the 2016 batch as well. My parents first medical was done in Feb 2017. We received re-medical request on 26th Jan 2018 and pre-arrival email as well. My parents went through re-medical on 7th Feb 2017 and after that there is no news. I have heard it is very quick after re-medical. I asked my MP to followup and got following response:

"""
I have spoken to an agent at IRCC and can provide the following update.
The criminality for both parents has passed and valid until February, 2020, they have received both medicals and they are valid until February 2019.
The security has passed for your mother and valid until February, 2020. The security checks for your father are still in review. There are no processing times for how long the security checks may take."""

Any idea how long this may take? It is strange that my mother's security has passed and fathers is still in review?
I would have thought that security should have been done before they asked for re-medical. What is the point of re-medical if we still need to wait for unlimited time and re-medical expires again?

Has anyone experienced the same??

Any idea???

LVO - London

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hello All,
I'm in the 2016 batch as well. My parents first medical was done in Feb 2017. We received re-medical request on 26th Jan 2018 and pre-arrival email as well. My parents went through re-medical on 7th Feb 2017 and after that there is no news. I have heard it is very quick after re-medical. I asked my MP to followup and got following response:

"""
The criminality for both parents has passed and valid until February, 2020, they have received both medicals and they are valid until February 2019.
The security has passed for your mother and valid until February, 2020. The security checks for your father are still in review. There are no processing times for how long the security checks may take."""

Any idea how long this may take? It is strange that my mother's security has passed and fathers is still in review?
I would have thought that security should have been done before they asked for re-medical. What is the point of re-medical if we still need to wait for unlimited time and re-medical expires again?

Any idea???

LVO - London
Did your father serve in any kind of military or police service ?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

"""

Any idea???

LVO - London

That is really strange that your father security is not complete and they order second medical. May be they get security clearance from all but one agency & hope it will come clear soon. You know FBI , CSIS , CBSA etc ...

kaelon

May 29, 2017
Hello All,

"""

Any idea???

LVO - London
Hello All,

"""

Any idea???

LVO - London
At least you have got a status from the agent. I am told only that the time of processing is longer that it was expected and to try not to email them again.

pkur

Mar 15, 2016
Pkur - I noticed your office was NDVO & you as well got the pre-arrival letter back in Nov 2017.

Could you please share your timeline after that ? Thanks
Medicals Expired :July , 2017
Re-medicals - Nov 1, 2017 - Submitted Nov 9, 2017
Pre-arrivals - Nov 4, 2017
Again asked for further test -Nov 15, 2017 - re-submitted Dec, 15 , 2017 (due to delay in getting an appointment)
Decision Made: Jan 8, 2018
PPR Request : Jan 15, 2018
PPT submitted to NDVO via VFS Global Jan, 19, 2108
Got back PPT from NDVO along with COPR Feb 2, 2018

I hope this timeline will give you better understanding of process time.

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Medicals Expired :July , 2017
Re-medicals - Nov 1, 2017 - Submitted Nov 9, 2017
Pre-arrivals - Nov 4, 2017
Again asked for further test -Nov 15, 2017 - re-submitted Dec, 15 , 2017 (due to delay in getting an appointment)
Decision Made: Jan 8, 2018
PPR Request : Jan 15, 2018
PPT submitted to NDVO via VFS Global Jan, 19, 2108
Got back PPT from NDVO along with COPR Feb 2, 2018

I hope this timeline will give you better understanding of process time.
Thanks for the detailed timeline. Appreciate your time.

Reactions: dadaum

miryazdan

Nov 10, 2015
That is really strange that your father security is not complete and they order second medical. May be they get security clearance from all but one agency & hope it will come clear soon. You know FBI , CSIS , CBSA etc ...
Hopefully this is the case. I am surprised as well. Everything should have been done before.

ershadiubc

Apr 21, 2017
Hi,

Today I received a strange message from CIC and it has a form attached to it called "MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE UNDERTAKING".
Did anyone else here received it? Can someone let me know what is this about?

My parents 2nd medical was passed Jan 30th 2018; then they requested for their Passports on Feb 8th 2018 and ECAS status has been changed to decision made; we sent the passport on Feb 27th, 2018 and now waiting to get back the passport from Singapore Visa office.

I can see from online linked application that visa is issues to them; and is valid until Jan 30th 2019.

vole_truongphi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
All,
Finally, my parents landed to Canada at Vancouver airport last night. It took above an hour to finish the landing.
Here is the time line:
Application: Jan 2016
First Medical: Jan 2017
Pre-Arrival: Dec - 2017
PCC: Jan 2018
Second Med: Jan 2018
PPR: Jan, 2018
Landed: March 11, 2018
LVO: Ottawa

Best luck to everyone!

Last edited: