+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hey Guys ,

1) How many people are here who have got Re-medicals done in the past 1-5 months and are still waiting for Passport request ??

2) Lets have a Raise of Hands.
Please post what does your "Background Status" reads as of now & VISA office handling your file ?? Thanks

Lets try to help each other & try to understand in what stage is each of us right now.

Reactions: mghchdh

kaka555

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hey Guys ,

1) How many people are here who have got Re-medicals done in the past 1-5 months and are still waiting for Passport request ??

Please post what does your "Background Status" reads as of now & VISA office handling your file ?? Thanks

Lets try to help each other & try to understand in what stage is each of us right now.
Hi Sam0001,

Applied on Jan 4, 2016 at about 8.10 am got sponsorship approved on 22 June 2016

Then got medical and pcc request on 20th Jan 2017 sent pcc and medical on 25 Jan 2017 as up front medical already done in mar 2016 then on 10 may got to do again medical request so got appointment on 30 may 2017 when the doctor sent them the reports but we got on my cic a/c medical passed and nothing on my ecas Then total silence up to 10 Feb. 2018 got email to check our cic account and found my cic a/c updated with back ground check started and ecas also updated with Decision Made on the same time but no PPR

Reactions: Sam0001

irinako

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Hey Guys ,

My parents did re-medical yesterday.
Before that the status was "background check in progress" and they asked us to provide some additional documents. I thought we would be on time before our first medicals expire but no, they said to re-do. Several days before the re-medical requests got posted in MyCIC, the status of previous medicals changed from "passed" to "we are reviewing...".

Tina16

Jul 20, 2016
Hey Guys ,

Hi Sam
Recd Pre Arrival letter and remedical request on Nov 1, 2016.
Background check is in process since more than 1 year now.
Remedicals done on Nov 6 2017.
My CIC updated as medicals passed.
Ecas updated to Decision Made on Jan 8, 2018.
Still waiting for PPR :(

Reactions: Sam0001

niexingege

Feb 15, 2018
normally redo medical should come together with pre-arrival letter, but I got only pre-arrival letter like 4 weeks and nothing after that, anyone same as me? wondering what's the next.
my parents did medical Feb-2017,

highway52

Jan 26, 2016
I submitted my mother's passport for PGP visa at NDVO and today I received an email that we need additional documents. MyCIC shows your application is approved. ecas shows decision made But there is a message...."document is invalid". They have dispatched courier back to me. I am hoping to receive it in next couple of days.

Has anyone else come across this? Do you know what it could be

ECAS
We sent you correspondence on February 14, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

CIC

Document Status Help - Document Status
Name Unique Client Identifier (UCI) Document Document number Status Expiry Date Status Updated Date Travel document Number Country of Issue
NAME NNNNNNN Counterfoil TXXXXXXXX Your document is invalid. 2018/11/30 2018/02/09 PASSPORT-NUMBER India

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi Sam
Recd Pre Arrival letter and remedical request on Nov 1, 2016.
Background check is in process since more than 1 year now.
Remedicals done on Nov 6 2017.
My CIC updated as medicals passed.
Ecas updated to Decision Made on Jan 8, 2018.
Still waiting for PPR :(
Wish you luck Tina - Our Background check has not even started here, re-medicals done almost 3 months back.

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
My parents did re-medical yesterday.
Before that the status was "background check in progress" and they asked us to provide some additional documents. I thought we would be on time before our first medicals expire but no, they said to re-do. Several days before the re-medical requests got posted in MyCIC, the status of previous medicals changed from "passed" to "we are reviewing...".
Best of luck my friend, should be soon.

Reactions: irinako

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi Sam0001,

Applied on Jan 4, 2016 at about 8.10 am got sponsorship approved on 22 June 2016

Then got medical and pcc request on 20th Jan 2017 sent pcc and medical on 25 Jan 2017 as up front medical already done in mar 2016 then on 10 may got to do again medical request so got appointment on 30 may 2017 when the doctor sent them the reports but we got on my cic a/c medical passed and nothing on my ecas Then total silence up to 10 Feb. 2018 got email to check our cic account and found my cic a/c updated with back ground check started and ecas also updated with Decision Made on the same time but no PPR
Wish you luck Kaka - Our Background check has not even started here, re-medicals done almost 3 months back.

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
I submitted my mother's passport for PGP visa at NDVO and today I received an email that we need additional documents. MyCIC shows your application is approved. ecas shows decision made But there is a message...."document is invalid". They have dispatched courier back to me. I am hoping to receive it in next couple of days.

Has anyone else come across this? Do you know what it could be

ECAS
We sent you correspondence on February 14, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

CIC

Document Status Help - Document Status
Name Unique Client Identifier (UCI) Document Document number Status Expiry Date Status Updated Date Travel document Number Country of Issue
NAME NNNNNNN Counterfoil TXXXXXXXX Your document is invalid. 2018/11/30 2018/02/09 PASSPORT-NUMBER India
Is it because your passport is expiring within 6 months?

highway52

Jan 26, 2016
Is it because your passport is expiring within 6 months?
I dont think so, because passport still has few years validity left. It had negligible water damage few years ago. Even after that I was able to get Canadian visitor as well as US visa. So it cant be that (but you never know). I am still waiting for courier to arrive.to know the exact reason.

bmwguy

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hello I Apply For PGP In 2016 And They Accepted And Then I Received My Sponsorship Approval In March 2017. Ever Since Then There Is No Movement And In ECAS It Just Shows Application Received.

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
Hi did you guys by any chance make some kind of spreadsheet to track the applications? Because I’m going to apply for my parents this year if they get picked off the draw and i just wanted to have an idea abt how long does it take for the whole process. Thanks