+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
I received pre-arrival letter about 3 weeks ago but the background check and medical results are still showing up as processing and review within gckey. Any one knows what the next step is and when one might expect it ? My visa office is NDVO.
What does your background check say right now & when were your re-medicals done ? Thanks

mindbender

Jan 24, 2018
I noticed people who applied in the 2017 round in May already got their PPR. Most of us who applied in 2016 are still waiting for 2+ years with nothing.... WTF? :mad:

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I noticed people who applied in the 2017 round in May already got their PPR. Most of us who applied in 2016 are still waiting for 2+ years with nothing.... WTF? :mad:
It is pretty unfortunate that they don't process files based on first come / first serve. But consider that some PGP applicants from 2014/2015 are still waiting, so you are not in the worst situation.

Reactions: mindbender

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Re-medicals and re-PCC were done 2months ago. The background check shows up as processing and the status of medical show up as under review.
Your next step is getting Passport request once it changes to Decision Made on ECAS.
Should be soon.

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi Folks,

We got our stamped passports back today. Finally it’s done after 25 exact months, got the medicals done twice in this process.

Best of luck to everyone else waiting, it should be done for everyone else waiting soon.
Congrats Gary - We are waiting here for background check to even start, been 2 months since re-medical.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Good day to all..

I just want to inform everybody here that last Saturday my parents and I went to Coutts Alberta to complete their landing formalities.. It went smoothly!! Now my parents is a PERMANENT RESIDENCE of Canada!!! THANK YOU TO ALL.. Hope you will be completing your application soon.

I still have one more application.. (waiting for Passport Request) for my Parents In-law. Hope we receive their request soon. Same application date for both my parents and parents in-law so I am optimistic that it will be done soon and hoping to be with them soon..

Good luck to all and Thank you again.

bluemango

Aug 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello folks,

my parents got pre-arrival letter and did re-medical in these two weeks..anyone knows what's next? long wait?.....

thanks

victoria345

Jul 11, 2016
Hi,

My parents passport has been sent to Delhi office in last week of January. How long does it usually take to get them back?

Thank you!!