File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
Did they say anything about your parents stay? Since they couldn't book an appointment and I saw that there was some sort of misunderstanding regarding supervisa stay
They didn't say anything about my parents super visa stay and even i didn't ask.

Reactions: Abhi098

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Received pre arrival letter from NDVO for my mom today. But the background check status remains the same at "Not applicable".
Did you just received it or this morning?

Also when did you parents did their medicals?

I'm from NDVO too :)

Congratulations :)

Garry 1263

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Received passport request by email. We have 30 days to submit PP together.
But the problem is Dad is back home and Mom is here in Canada. How do ni request them to extend PP submission to 60 days.
Anyone gone thru similar situation
Congrats Yeti

Garry 1263

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Woh !!! Now this is a bit crazy, how come the background is in progress for 14 months ??
I know Gary & Yeti who did re-medicals in Nov 2017 got their Passport request but think their background was in progress for max 1-3 months.
Is you visa office NDVO ?
U r right Sam Back check was in process for just 2 months in our case

Reactions: Sam0001

Garry 1263

Star Member
May 23, 2017
My parents got their passport back from NDVO today. Information for those waiting.
Parents: Live in India, the assigned PR office was CPP-Ottawa
Date of 2nd medical request: Dec 22nd (those who got this 2nd request. Don't worry. It helps them give you a longer period for landing)
Date completed: Dec 30th
Passport request: Jan 9th
Passport sent: Jan 30th
Passport received with IM-1 : Feb 7th.

More info:

RRSP receipt
---------------
1) I sent it to an email CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca (as their email mentions), but then on mycic i noticed that there was a upload link.
Our RPRF was in Oct and they hadn't updated mycic yet. I uploaded the RPRF receipt to Mycic on Jan 4th and we got our passport request on Jan 9th.

Not sure if there is a delay between emailing it to CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca vs uploading on mycic. If you emailed your receipt like I did (and their email says), try uploading to mycic as well.

If you log back into mycic once you have sent your passports you can see the visa number etc that they have issed
------------------
Address change
-------------------
I don't believe you have to request change in visa office when you get passport request. Our passport request came from CPP-Ottawa but we sent our passports to NDVO. You get an email like this, The last line says just send it to NDVO unless you are already in Canada in which case send it to CPP-ottawa

CIC email:
-----------------------------------------------------------
4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

· A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope fromCanada Post.

NOTE: Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission.

"
Hi,

Just for clarification did u submit your passports at Delhi, we submitted passports for my parents through VFS on the 1st of Feb, online status says processing at High Commission. Any advise of how long would it take to get the passports back.

dcanada2016

Feb 7, 2018
Guys.

If anyone of you are in a situation, where you have received pre-arrival Letter and ecas status shows "Decision Made" but not in receipt of passport submission request... Then assume this as good sign and wait patiently for few days to get passport submission request. If few days or week) is gone by and if haven't receive passport submission request then I would recommend contacting your visa office through web form and hopefully after that you will get reply from your visa office or passport submission request.

Good Luck

Reactions: Tina16

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Guys.

If anyone of you are in a situation, where you have received pre-arrival Letter and ecas status shows "Decision Made" but not in receipt of passport submission request... Then assume this as good sign and wait patiently for few days to get passport submission request. If few days or week) is gone by and if haven't receive passport submission request then I would recommend contacting your visa office through web form and hopefully after that you will get reply from your visa office or passport submission request.

Good Luck
Where did you had your file processed? Is it finalized? :)

theprof

Mar 17, 2016
Hi,

Just for clarification did u submit your passports at Delhi, we submitted passports for my parents through VFS on the 1st of Feb, online status says processing at High Commission. Any advise of how long would it take to get the passports back.
We sent it from Chennai; through VFS on Jan 29th/30th I believe. They sent it back on Feb 6th. VFS would have given you a confirmation # . if you check on your website once they have dispatched passports you will see a message like this:

Visa application, tracking ID .............. Your passport has been dispatched from VAC and it may get to you within 7 working days. If it fails then it will be received back at the Canada Visa Application Centre, please contact VAC helpline for further queries. The Airway bill number is .............

They use bluedart in india . Use the airway bill # here to track it to your home address

https://www.bluedart.com/maintracking.html

If you did not fill out your home address on the envelope you sent with your passports, you pick up the passports at the VFS center.
Do not worry; even if there is confusion, the passports can always be picked up at the VFS.

Reactions: mghchdh

theprof

Mar 17, 2016
Parents: Redone medicals Jan31,2018.
Background check in progress.
Folks how long will it takes to update online account that they have received their medicals ?
Thanks
They do not necessarily update the online mycic or ecas with the new medicals. My parents got their passport back with PR and the website still only shows old medical.

In order to make sure they noticed the new medical. I uploaded the 2nd e-medical receipt along with RPRF receipt to mycic in the RPRF upload box.