+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

ciantiik

Jan 6, 2016
My mother received the Confirmation of Permanent Residence documentation in the mail today. She resides in Canada with me, so we have two options for there to get her permanent resident status as directed by IRCC 1) Call the 1800 number to schedule an interview at a local office or 2) leave Canada and re-enter in order to see an immigration officer. The issue is that I've called the 1-800-242-2100 they gave us in the documentation and directed us to call and I cannot get through to a person to schedule an interview. What do I do?

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Hi All,

This is a very helpful forum... appreciate all the info... FYI, here are my stats.

Submitted: Jan 4, 2016
Sponsorship approved: May 2016
Transferred to Colombo
RPRF: ~June 2016
First medical: Oct 2016
Police Clearance/fingerprints received: December 18, 2016

Since then, not a peep...

I sent an e-mail to the embassy mid January 2018 and they said 'application is being processed according to received date'.

Anyone else just waiting? (misery loves company :) )

I have almost same timeline. Last status Medical Received in Jan 2017

vole_truongphi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Congratulation!
I assume that your LVO is Ottawa. Our second medical was done on Jan 15th and Ecas shows 'Decision Made' since yesterday. No PPR yet.
Do they issue a visa valid till January 13, 2019?
I'm not sure how long. Maybe someone in this forum can answer this. I guess they will issue for 2-3 months in stead of med expiration day.
your case they well issue PPR email soon. Good luck

toronto_dun

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Just got my ATIP today (took 2 months after request). I'm not sure what this all means. The last change is Medical Passed changed to Medical Passed Expired in September 2017. Also, says the file was moved to "FC Pending" location two days after they requested RPRF back in August 2017, and nothing since besides the note about updated contact address. Based on the notes it seems that Medical and Data Sharing stages passed (but medical then expired), Security stage is redacted and Criminality not started (they requested and received police certs 14 months ago).

Also, Application Assignment section has
"Assigned to: blank"
Assigned by: blank
Due Date: 2017/12/29"

What does it mean? I'm concerned it's assigned to no one, is past due date and has no one touch it since RPRF in August. Anything that can be done here?

highway52

Jan 26, 2016
Today I got an email with pre-arrival letter (IMM5801) and ecas status shows decision made. But myCIC still shows background check in progress.
My Mom is in India. I am staying positive and hopefully they request passport soon

My timeline
NDVO
App received - Jan 04th 2016 (9:30AM)
1st Medical Medicals done and passed at end of Aug 2016. PCC and additional documents provided early Sep 2016
2nd Medical - Nov 2017
Pre-Arrival Letter - Jan 24 2018
Ecas Status - Decision Made (Jan 24 2018)
MyCIC - still shows Background check in progress

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Today I got an email with pre-arrival letter (IMM5801) and ecas status shows decision made. But myCIC still shows background check in progress.
My Mom is in India. I am staying positive and hopefully they request passport soon

My timeline
NDVO
1st Medical Medicals done and passed at end of Aug 2016. PCC and additional documents provided early Sep 2016
2nd Medical - Nov 2017
I'm really glad that finally someone from NDVO heard back something positive, after abrupt silence in Dec 2017. I hope to hear positive news soon too. Good luck my friend, and congratulations!! :)

What time (Central) did you receive that e-mail? And did you use any representative too?

bluemango

Aug 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

My timeline
NDVO
2nd Medical - Nov 2017

Congrats !
What’s the difference between ecase and mycic? They have different information ?
Thanks in advance.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My mother received the Confirmation of Permanent Residence documentation in the mail today. She resides in Canada with me, so we have two options for there to get her permanent resident status as directed by IRCC 1) Call the 1800 number to schedule an interview at a local office or 2) leave Canada and re-enter in order to see an immigration officer. The issue is that I've called the 1-800-242-2100 they gave us in the documentation and directed us to call and I cannot get through to a person to schedule an interview. What do I do?
If you can drive your mom to ottawa. Then no appointment needed. Just walkin every 2nd and 4th week of month. Which working day is set i forgot now. May be tuesday. Check info with call centre

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can drive your mom to ottawa. Then no appointment needed. Just walkin every 2nd and 4th week of month. Which working day is set i forgot now. May be tuesday. Check info with call centre
Yes 2nd and 4th tuesday in Ottawa from 10-2.No appointment needed but some one mentioned me it is for thos who live towards East side though i am not sure.
When did you send passports to Ottawa and when did u recieve COPR,just trying to get a time line.

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
Just got my ATIP today (took 2 months after request). I'm not sure what this all means. The last change is Medical Passed changed to Medical Passed Expired in September 2017. Also, says the file was moved to "FC Pending" location two days after they requested RPRF back in August 2017, and nothing since besides the note about updated contact address. Based on the notes it seems that Medical and Data Sharing stages passed (but medical then expired), Security stage is redacted and Criminality not started (they requested and received police certs 14 months ago).

Also, Application Assignment section has
"Assigned to: blank"
Assigned by: blank
Due Date: 2017/12/29"

What does it mean? I'm concerned it's assigned to no one, is past due date and has no one touch it since RPRF in August. Anything that can be done here?
Strange. No idea what it might mean...did you try emailing your visa office and inquiring what the status means?

ciantiik

Jan 6, 2016
Yes 2nd and 4th tuesday in Ottawa from 10-2.No appointment needed but some one mentioned me it is for thos who live towards East side though i am not sure.
When did you send passports to Ottawa and when did u recieve COPR,just trying to get a time line.
Thanks for this advice! We are in Halifax, so actually easier to just drive to the US border and come back in.

ciantiik

Jan 6, 2016
Thanks for the advice. We sent documentation to Ottawa on January 2, 2018 and received COPR on January 24.

MANU07

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
I booked appointment through web form, and call cic as well same day. They emailed me back in two days and gave appointment for next week.
Try that, otherwise travel to the nearest border.

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
We also sent parents' passports to CPC-O on Thursday and they will be delivered on Monday, 22-Jan. Please do post your timelines so that I get an idea of how long it takes for passports to come back. In our case, medicals were done on 12-Feb-2017, so assuming visas would be till 11-Feb only!!
Any update on passport return or on MyCIC account? I just read on another blog that you will see approval message under application status once they will issue COPR and after 2-3 days you will receive your passport. Our timelines are very similar. My passport delivered today to CPC-Ottawa office. Medical is expiring on Feb 13.

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
I booked appointment through web form, and call cic as well same day. They emailed me back in two days and gave appointment for next week.
Try that, otherwise travel to the nearest border.
On Which number you called? on Web form what option we have to select?