+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Remedical was done in first week of dec 2017 and background says: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Yes, my parents VO is NDVO.
We both are in the exact same boat Yeti.
as our re-medical was done Dec 1st week as well and the background thing says the exact same thing you have mentioned above.

Keep in touch.

vole_truongphi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
I have revert that thanks for pre-arrival letter.Our medical is valid up to 10 FEB-18.We are in Canada.Moreover they asked for my wife schedule A background declaration today in morning which I have just sent.We will wait and do re-medical after their answer.
I got exactly the same progress with you. Please share if you have any info, and I will too.
Best Luck to you!

Garry 1263

Star Member
May 23, 2017
We both are in the exact same boat Yeti.
as our re-medical was done Dec 1st week as well and the background thing says the exact same thing you have mentioned above.

Keep in touch.
Same here Yeti and Sam, the only difference is that our re medicals were done few days earlier to u guys. Speaking realistically not sure when it gonna come through few days, few weeks or few months. Going through this forum very glad to hear to hear about all getting through. But the question what is the criteria atleast of working on files. Looks like they play Rock Paper Scissors in the office and pick up the files randomly.

RAVIJAN2016

Aug 1, 2016
Jan 2016 Family Sponsorship:
Medical expiring in Feb 2018 next month. Got email today to re do medicals of my parents. Email IRCC Ottawa if they can issue visa my parents can land before their medical expiry but got reply in 2 hours, they have to redo medicals cz short time left etc..

Background Check started today.

Anybody on same boat.
After medicals results, how long will it take to finalize decision.
Thanks in advance.

Ddun

Jun 3, 2016
Jan 2016 Family Sponsorship:
Medical expiring in Feb 2018 next month. Got email today to re do medicals of my parents. Email IRCC Ottawa if they can issue visa my parents can land before their medical expiry but got reply in 2 hours, they have to redo medicals cz short time left etc..

Background Check started today.

Anybody on same boat.
After medicals results, how long will it take to finalize decision.
Thanks in advance.
When if feb are th medicals expiring? My parents medical expire on 10feb and today they got prearrvial letter. Not sure what willl happen next?

theprof

Mar 17, 2016
My parents got the passport request. FYI

1st Medicals expiring: Feb 27th 2018
2nd medical request: Dec 21 2017
Pre-arrival: Dec 22 2017
Re-medical done: Dec 30 2017
Passport request: January 11 2018

CPP-Ottawa processed it. Passport request says send passport to NDVO.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Can someone share here what Pre-Arrival letter is all about?

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
Can someone share here what Pre-Arrival letter is all about?
Here is the letter. I read on other blog that it means Eligibility Passed. Can you add Pre- Arrival Letter Date and BCG In process date in Excel sheet so we can track the process better.
Hello,
We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free
pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available
before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.
Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers
offer free information to help you with:
• Living and working in Canada;
• Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and
certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada,
including language training; and
• Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking
communities.
If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services
before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website:
canada.ca/pre-arrival-services.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp?utm_source=slash-pre-arriv
al-services&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=general
When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the
website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many
service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services
are always at no cost to you.
You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada resources
available online, such as Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent
residents prepare to come and settle in Canada. The handbook is available at
cic.gc.ca/publications.
Canada is a bilingual country where both English and French are spoken. If you are
interested in living in a French-speaking community outside Quebec, please visit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/francophone.asp
For up-to-date information on immigration, settlement services and citizenship, we invite
you to join us on Facebook (Facebook.com/CitCanada) and follow us on Twitter
(Twitter.com/CitImmCanada).
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: Rossei and proulx

vole_truongphi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
OK.Sure.I will inform immediately in forum.You can see that actions in terms of process looks fast currently looking to clear before Feb-18 intake for fresh PGP.
I wrote an email to ask to confirm if my parents have to re-do med, I I got answer today. They asked to re-do. Just let you know

theprof

Mar 17, 2016
For those who have received stampings.
Anybody know how long they give for landing (NDVO office)? i.e., what is the expiry period of the IM-1 visa?

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
For those who have received stampings.
Anybody know how long they give for landing (NDVO office)? i.e., what is the expiry period of the IM-1 visa?
It will be medical expiry date in case your passport is valid more than 1 year otherwise Passport expiry date.