+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Same here Sam! Did re-medicals in November! Nothing since then! Have you received any pre-arrival letter via e-mail or mail yet?
What you think Abhi ?
By when we should hope to get the Passport request from NDVO in the next 3-6 months or what ?

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
All,
Application Jan 2016
Med Feb, 23 2017

Today I checked MyCIC account and saw the Med status from Done to re-test if needed.
Back ground

I have the same status but today I receive update as below:
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results If we need medical, we will send you instruction
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your background is in process
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Also, I received a pre-arrival letter.
Next Steps after this, I don't know. Hope the best for you.
Regards,[/QUOTE]

You will get PR very soon as your Background is in progress now. Congrats !

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
My parents received the similar request: IME/PCC, Foreign Travel, Photos etc

We have uploaded IME/PCC to mycic account, emailed the softcopy of all documents to the email address of NDVO and hardcopy by speedpost.
Did you get Passport request Cool Guy ? Is your visa office NDVO ?
What does your background check says ? Thanks

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
I'm getting very frustrated - the last communication from CIC a as request for PR fee payment (in August 2017), medicals expired in September 2017, and nothing since. I requested ATIP 40 days ago and got nothing back either. What is going on? Any way to check? MyCIC says no need for medicals, background check in progress. It's in CPC Ottawa.
there are many people in same boat as you :eek:o_O

Reactions: tian4738

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
Hi Guys
Need help. I had to send a new application (IMM008) for my mom after my Dad passed away last year. I forgot to add the email address in that application. I saw ecas note in sponsor's login as they started processing on April 5, 2017. But when I checked my mom's client id in ecas it just says application received. I cant link application in my cic. The file is at Ottawa office as I know from their earlier communication. Is it okay to send an email to ottawa office to update email address ? Would they allow it ?

Rudran
sounds like a sensible thing to do. should be okay for you to do that.

Reactions: madraasguy

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
I'm getting very frustrated - the last communication from CIC a as request for PR fee payment (in August 2017), medicals expired in September 2017, and nothing since. I requested ATIP 40 days ago and got nothing back either. What is going on? Any way to check? MyCIC says no need for medicals, background check in progress. It's in CPC Ottawa.
Same for me I submitted PR fee sometime in Aug 2016 and medical expired in Nov 2017. No news from NDVO.

vole_truongphi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Also, I received a pre-arrival letter.
Next Steps after this, I don't know. Hope the best for you.
Regards,
You will get PR very soon as your Background is in progress now. Congrats ![/QUOTE]
I have received two forms " Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)" for medical instructions in MyCIC but no request yet, do you think I should ask my parents to re-do? My parents medical expired by Feb 23.

yeti090

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Nothing here yet from NDVO :( Did re-medicals back in November. It's upsetting to see sudden movement and then a complete silence from their end!

Did you Yeti received any pre-arrival letter in e-mail/mail yet?
No, we haven't receive pre-arrival letter or anything after re medical.

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
You will get PR very soon as your Background is in progress now. Congrats
I have received two forms " Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)" for medical instructions in MyCIC but no request yet, do you think I should ask my parents to re-do? My parents medical expired by Feb 23.
If your parents are ready to land before your medical expiry Feb 23, just send them email asking to remove re-medical condition. If you are lucky, they will remove it and send ppr. see below post
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants.333951/page-685#post-6598167