Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
how successful is the parents and sister sponsorship? If we apply, what are the likelyhood of us getting accepted because canada only accepts 10,000 per year which is too small.
you need to win lottery first:rolleyes:

C.D.MISTRY

Nov 29, 2017
Hello CD,

I may not be the best person to ask this as your file is at Ottawa and I have been not fairly tracking files that are there. However, based on the past 2 years trend, Ottawa may have been the quickest among other offices in processing time, but have really random times when decisions are finalized throughout the year.

I agree with D-V27 as s/he is speaking from their experience :)

1) when can you expect PPR?
And: no one will be able to say the exact. IDEALLY every office wants to process before medical expires, and if medical is the only thing that's keeping you from landing then they can extend it too because your medicals has to be valid (I think) during landing. So I'm guessing if not done prior to that expiration, you may hear from Ottawa soon either in terms of doing re-medicals or your file being finalized.

2) can you submit passport in Canada?
Ans: yes, you can, especially when the letter you will receive during passport request may give you either info (either to submit in India or Canada). However, make sure your PPR letter states so when it arrives; if not, then check with an on-call agent or sending an e-mail to visa office that's processing your file. Talking from experience, people have been able to submit at their regional visa offices when their file was being processed by another office. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IN THE PPR LETTER FOR THE OPTIONS IT IS PROVIDING IN TERMS OF WHERE TO SUBMIT YOUR PP.

3) How long for stamping? And what is the time limit to submit?
Ans) mostly one is given 30 days to submit PP. the time it takes for them to stamp the PP once they receive it wildly varies from one office to another. Typically not more than a month but I could be wrong because as I said it varies from office to office. May want to check Ottawa timelines that are posted here on this forum for parent sponsorship category. FYI: your passport and medicals ( I think) has to be valid while providing them with your PP. PP I think has to be valid for 6 months but there have been exemptions in the past for that. PP also have to have a blank page for stamping I think.

4) how long you are given to land?
Ans) once your passport is returned, you will be given COPR (confirmation of PR) that has the expiry date on it. That expiry date is the time you get to land. As far as I know, remember I could be wrong, that expiry date either matches with expiry date of your medicals or passport whichever comes the first :)

Either expect a final decision to be made soon or a re-medical to be asked for in the near future. NoBODY here can tell you which but everyone speaks from their experiences :)
Hope it helps

C.D.MISTRY

Nov 29, 2017
Abhi 098,
Thanks for reading my lengthy questions and perfect answer point wise.If I have submitted medical on 12,Feb,2017 then what will be date for expiry?Currently,I am on visitor visa and would like to stay here and wait for medical expiry date.

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Abhi 098,
Thanks for reading my lengthy questions and perfect answer point wise.If I have submitted medical on 12,Feb,2017 then what will be date for expiry?Currently,I am on visitor visa and would like to stay here and wait for medical expiry date.

Medicals are only valid for a complete year, so yours should expire on Feb 11th or 12th of 2018 if you PERFORMED it (don't go by when it was submitted) on Feb 12, 2017.

How long is your visitor visa valid for? Ans: If a border officer at the airport stamped your passport with an arrival date; there should be space underneath. If that space contains a HANDWRITTEN DATE your stay is valid till then, and if there is a blank space, then typically stay valid for 6 months. UNLESS, they have given you a specific letter with your visitor visa, when it was issued, stating the date you should leave Canada. Then that date applies (this letter is issued in specific cases).

You can find more regarding when will your visitor status expire underneath the following section on the attached link: "How do I know the expiry date of my temporary resident status?": https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5551-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada.html

OR http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=209&top=17

Last edited:

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Abhi 098,
Typically, when they ask you for re-medical, they will send you an e-medical form that has your IME number on it. When you bring this to your panel physician, physician will use that IME number to attach your medical results on e-medical system (if that physician has access to electronic e-medical system). You can always get a medical examination CONFIRMATION letter from your panel physician which has IME number on it, so that you can use it for other things if ever needed while that medical is VALID. Once that panel physician submits that results under the IME number on e-medical system, REGIONAL medical office will assess the results and will change the medical status on MyCIC accordingly.

C.D.MISTRY

Nov 29, 2017
Medicals are only valid for a complete year, so yours should expire on Feb 11th or 12th of 2018 if you PERFORMED (don't go by when submitted) on Feb 12, 2017.

How long is your visitor visa valid for? Ans: If a border officer at the airport stamped your passport with an arrival date; there should be space underneath. If that space contains a HANDWRITTEN DATE your stay is valid till then, and if there is a blank space, then typically stay valid for 6 months. UNLESS, they have given you a specific letter with your visitor visa, when it was issued, stating the date you should leave Canada. Then that date applies (this letter is issued in specific cases).

You can find more about when your visitor status expire underneath the following section on the attached link: "How do I know the expiry date of my temporary resident status?": https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5551-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada.html

OR http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=209&top=17
My landing date in Canada is 11-10-17 and arrival date is stamped in passport but no handwritten date written to fix return date.So as per rules,I can stay up to 10 March-2018 & I have to leave Canada in first week of March-18.They have not given any letter with visitor visa but visa sticker pasted in passport shows expiry of 10 years with Multiple entry.
Thanks in advnace.
C.D.MISTRY

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
I have landing date in Canada on 11-10-17 and arrival date is stamped but no handwritten date written to fix return date.So as per rules ,I can stay up to 10 March-2018 & I have leave Canada in first week of March-18.They have not given any letter with visitor visa but stamping shows expiry of 10 years with Multiple entry.
Thanks in advnace.
C.D.MISTRY
Don't quote me on this; based on the CIC link and the information you have provided here, I THINK you are calculating it right. I would recommend leaving a week earlier than the expiry date of your stay just to be on the safe side.

FYI You can always apply for an extension of your visitor stay. That's whole another world to explore. Just wanted to let you know. Current waiting time for visitor extension is 102 days: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/times/index.asp

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
My landing date in Canada is 11-10-17 and arrival date is stamped in passport but no handwritten date written to fix return date.So as per rules,I can stay up to 10 March-2018 & I have to leave Canada in first week of March-18.They have not given any letter with visitor visa but visa sticker pasted in passport shows expiry of 10 years with Multiple entry.
Thanks in advnace.
C.D.MISTRY
WOULDN'T 6 Months be completed in early April 2018 if you entered in early Oct 2017? Don't trust my math. my math is not the greatest :) But DOUBLE check when 6 months will finish; I WILL ALWAYS RECOMMEND to check your dates with 100% certainty to avoid overstay.

C.D.MISTRY

Nov 29, 2017
No worries, good luck with your future endeavours. I will ALWAYS recommend to stay top of confirming your stay/status expiry dates with 100% certainty to avoid any kind of overstay.
Yes,No over stay.Will do as per rules exist.No hurry.PPR will come when requested.We have to watch and wait & can check status twice in a day.
Thanks again.
C.D.MISTRY

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhi098

kaka555

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Thanks in advnace.
C.D.MISTRY
Hi C D mistry,
you can get your visa extended if you like to stay more. That you have to apply 30 days before the expiry of your visit

Punjab83

Aug 17, 2017
Do NDVO ask 3 recent photos for each applicant with PPR ? Can immigration officer extend medical validity beyond 1 year if the application is in final stage.