03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
I doubt that call center will be of any help anyways
I spoke to them twice but all they could see was "Everything looks good, Please wait"
Just like you the CIC account shows Background Check in Process

Its been forever

I am thinking of Emailing Ottawa.
Do you mean directly emailing the case processing center in Ottawa at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca ? I never thought of that, but I have submitted web forms asking why the My CIC account is showing that they are waiting for a document from us. I submitted one as recently as September 12, they drafted a reassuring response on September 14 saying that everything is alright on the file, that it is within the normal processing time and that they will let us know as soon as a decision is reached or any information is needed. Then 3 days later ECAS changed to "decision made".

Reactions: dadaum

RNJ

Jan 4, 2016
:) Hi all the lovely people here :)

I have good news. My mother finally got Visa. Her medical expires on October 6th. Visa office called us Wednesday night around 11 PM and asked if they issue visa if my mother can land before the 6th. We were shocked and could not decide anything. We said we need time to discuss. They said they will call back in a couple of hours. We called mother and decided we are going to proceed and land before the 6th of October. 28th early morning around 1 am they called again. they asked us to wait for the email. we stayed up all night finally received the email around 4 am. which is already 4.30 PM in Sri Lanka. Visa office wanted my mother to bring passport on Friday and was going to issue visa the same day.

We had an hour technically before all the studios closed to get her photos and prepare since we were going to work Submitted everything on Friday morning there. In the mean time we booked tickets to fly the same day to bring them over.30th landed in Sri Lanka and returning on the 3rd with mom.

so guys look out, prepare ahead of time. visa might be issued one week before medical expiry.
Rossei, please update my time line.
pp request on 28th Sep
visa issued on 29th Sep
will land on the 3rd October.
Yippi, but tiring, hectic few days.

mish

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
19/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mashallah
LANDED..........
Nov 2014
Hi Everyone,
Quick Question
I am filling forms for PGP. My mom and dad are applicants. As I know (please confirm) that I need to fill Generic Application form ad have to write my father as principal applicant and have to add my mom as a dependent on the same form. If this is true what would be my mom dependent type, cannot find match. Please help.
Thanking in advance

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required

I have good news. My mother finally got Visa. Her medical expires on October 6th. Visa office called us Wednesday night around 11 PM and asked if they issue visa if my mother can land before the 6th. We were shocked and could not decide anything. We said we need time to discuss. They said they will call back in a couple of hours. We called mother and decided we are going to proceed and land before the 6th of October. 28th early morning around 1 am they called again. they asked us to wait for the email. we stayed up all night finally received the email around 4 am. which is already 4.30 PM in Sri Lanka. Visa office wanted my mother to bring passport on Friday and was going to issue visa the same day.

We had an hour technically before all the studios closed to get her photos and prepare since we were going to work Submitted everything on Friday morning there. In the mean time we booked tickets to fly the same day to bring them over.30th landed in Sri Lanka and returning on the 3rd with mom.

so guys look out, prepare ahead of time. visa might be issued one week before medical expiry.
pp request on 28th Sep
visa issued on 29th Sep
I am in shock. I understand your local visa office was in Sri Lanka. I guess we wait and see if any other office does something like this. Congratulations to you and wish you a great time once she is here.

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017

pp request on 28th Sep
visa issued on 29th Sep
wow. amazing story. Congrats to you anyway...and enjoy now with your mum.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

pp request on 28th Sep
visa issued on 29th Sep
cool :D
but not funny if you need to sell your house first and that takes time

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi Everyone,
Quick Question
I am filling forms for PGP. My mom and dad are applicants. As I know (please confirm) that I need to fill Generic Application form ad have to write my father as principal applicant and have to add my mom as a dependent on the same form. If this is true what would be my mom dependent type, cannot find match. Please help.
Thanking in advance
father - principal applicant
mother - depended
you just need to fill out 1 IMM008 form

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
We are very similar then. Thank you for the extra info. I am getting a bit nervous, as there is only 1.5 month left until expiry of visa and it is going to be hectic to get the visa, tickets and make sure she gets here in time.

I have not been able to get through to the CALL center, it keeps telling me that they are too busy to take my call and to call back later.

pp request on 28th Sep
visa issued on 29th Sep
Looks like a thrilling story.It is good that afterall you got the visa before expiry of medical.Hates off to your QUICK Decision making power.GOD bless us all.

mish

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
19/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mashallah
LANDED..........
Nov 2014
father - principal applicant
mother - depended
you just need to fill out 1 IMM008 form
Thanks, yeah I know I am submitting 1 008 and mother in the dependent section. it is asking me dependent type. it's question 12 in the dependent section. Appreciate your help.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Thanks, yeah I know I am submitting 1 008 and mother in the dependent section. it is asking me dependent type. it's question 12 in the dependent section. Appreciate your help.
put in # 10 - spouse and skip 12 - that's for kids

kevin_k1

Dec 8, 2011
Toronto, ON
Since my request has been transferred to LVO (Ottawa) on January 20, 2017 I have no news about my PGP... Is that normal? I am PGP 2016 applicant from Jan 5, 2016.

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Since my request has been transferred to LVO (Ottawa) on January 20, 2017 I have no news about my PGP... Is that normal? I am PGP 2016 applicant from Jan 5, 2016.
Yes, that is very normal. Next you will get request for medicals...What timeframe you will hear is not known as they are totally unpredictable.. stay patient...

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hey guys, why is it so quiet here?
Any passport requests from any visa office in the world?
Guess nothing is happening Ztariq - That's Y everyone is quiet !!!

New Delhi Applicants - Did any applicant got any update ?
Our medicals are about to expire in next 1 week & it still says "Background check yet has to start".
Looks like pure luck if we will get Passport request in 2017. Please share if anyone got any news. Thanks

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
Guess nothing is happening Ztariq - That's Y everyone is quiet !!!

New Delhi Applicants - Did any applicant got any update ?
Our medicals are about to expire in next 1 week & it still says "Background check yet has to start".
Looks like pure luck if we will get Passport request in 2017. Please share if anyone got any news. Thanks
Nope nothing yet...guess they will ask to re-do medicals and then probbaly take it on to next year :( :(