03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
Hi there,

my case is similar to yours. My mom's medical file was received on Dec 31, 2016. The CIC account shows that the Medical has passed. It does not say anything about the police certificate. Additionally we have a line that says they are waiting for additional documents from us. I have emailed them once using the web-form and said that we have submitted the medical and the Police Certificate and we know that they have received it so we do not know what they are asking for. They emailed back saying that they have confirmed what we had said and that they will contact us if they need anything more. Have not heard anything. The my account also shows that they have not started the background check yet. I am starting to get worried. The medical results are only valid for another 4-5 months before it will be a full year. My mom also has been delaying her trips out of the country fearing that we will get the passport request as soon as she leaves the country. Please let me know if anything changes with your file.

Hi All

I am new to this forum. I had applied for my parents' PR in Jan 2016 at CPC-Mississauga. Below are the details:

Application reached: Jan 4 2016
Medicals and PCC requested : October 2016
Medicals submitted : Dec 2016
PCC submitted: Dec 2 2016

The online status has shown "medicals received" since Jan 2017. It does not show anything about the PCC. When I called in the automated system it did not say "more documents needed" or anything. Can you please let me know what is the next procedure? Would the online status explicitly show anything about the background check? I have tried to be made the representative on the file but they keep rejecting the application for one reason or the other. Once I called one time, the call center agent was kind enough to tell that the file was still in Ottawa. Is that normal? Has anyone else had the same experience. I am really concerned now as I dont know whats happening with the file and we had to delay my parents' trip here in the expectation that the PPR may come any time.

Please advise, thanks.

AH.

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
Does anyone whose application is CPC Ottawa with Medicals/PCC complete have status saying Background check in progress?
My application has been stagnant with Medical passed for over 6 months now!
My mom's application is also in Ottawa. Medical was done in November and received by Ottawa on Dec 31st.
I also cannot view application status on cic any more. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp
However the My account details says that the background check is not started.

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
It should have no effect.
I have been changing my address and my mom address so many times in the past year. I did not think this may have any effect at all. I think the address is in a data base and it only gets pulled when they want to generate a letter... at least I am hoping it did not have any impact.

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
Usually they are asking for original PCC. So the attachment to e-mail will not work. You have to send the original (with the translation) via mail.
That is not true about the Ottawa office. I never sent them the original in the mail.
Singh, have you emailed them the PCC using the correct email address? I just checked and we emailed my mom's PCC to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. Is this the email address you used? I remember I then called the Canadian call center and they confirmed that they have received it. Be aware you should either have the applicant call them or be a representative on the file to get this information over the phone.
Also double check and see if you provided the following in your email as they request.

"IMPORTANT: If you are the applicant or an authorized representative, you must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:

· Surname and Given name(s);

· Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);

· Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;

· Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);"

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required

miryazdan

Nov 10, 2015
My parents got their passports back on Monday! They had received PPR on June 7th (LVO London) All the best to everyone :)
Congratulations!!

Our medical results were sent on 15th Feb 2016 and we sent police clearance to them on 25th Feb 2017. Our application is also at London LVO. Curious when would I receive pp request...

When was your parents medical done and when did you send the documents/police clearance to them?

miryazdan

Nov 10, 2015
Has your background check started yet? My parents BC has been in progress for about 10 days now and no request for passport yet. Also the application status has changed in "Decision made" around the same time.
Hello, How did you know that the background check has started?

ahtandon

Jul 7, 2017
Thanks for the reply buddy. Do you know what happens if the parents are visiting here in Canada and their PPR comes while they are here? Can the address be changed and the PP's be sent to Ottawa? Or do they need to travel back to India to send it to NDVO?

Hello There,

We are in the same situation my friend, have delayed trip for my parents as well this year for first time in last 6 years. We got the medicals done in last week of July last year N the asked documents were submitted in first two weeks of August last year too.Wait N watch is only option at this time. I am going to apply for the GCMS notes as others mentioned in forum. Hope that will work.

Any one else if he any other suggestions for us, please let us know.[/QUO

ahtandon

Jul 7, 2017
Hello There,

We are in the same situation my friend, have delayed trip for my parents as well this year for first time in last 6 years. We got the medicals done in last week of July last year N the asked documents were submitted in first two weeks of August last year too.Wait N watch is only option at this time. I am going to apply for the GCMS notes as others mentioned in forum. Hope that will work.

Any one else if he any other suggestions for us, please let us know.
Thanks for the reply buddy. Do you know what happens if the parents are visiting here in Canada and their PPR comes while they are here? Can the address be changed and the PP's be sent to Ottawa? Or do they need to travel back to India to send it to NDVO?

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
GCMS notes gives you some details about the processing phases of your application. For example, it showed that the criminality has passed, the medical test has passed but it also shows the officer's notes as well (medical condition that doesn't represent a burden on the health system), and so on.
The problem is that for the security check, they hide all the details, so you get a blank page with no details :( The only indication it shows, is that someone is following up on your file (the next date was 6 Feb. 2017 (1st ATIP request), then it moved to 2 June 2017 (2nd atip), and I am still waiting for any indication that the security check is over :(
I don't know if that long check is random, or it is for specific cases (my father was a military officer) but I know that this is the phase that takes most of the time so I am waiting and hoping to get the results before the medical expires :(

I know we should not complain since so far we (2016 applicants) are the fastest group of people who got their application processed (even though some 2017 applicants got their applications approved and their files transferred to the appropriate LVO, but so far none of them got their visa YET)

good luck to all and let's hope to receive all our PPR soon :)
Thank you for the detailed reply, one more info, how do I apply?
What is the email address?
What details am I suppose to attach with it?
I am the sponsorer and I am the representative too, hope that is fine to initiate the request?

ahtandon

Jul 7, 2017
Hi All

I tried creating the online account and link the paper application to it.. But the linking of the paper application failed stating all info was not correct. I am sure that I have given in all info correctly. dont know why its failing to find the application. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

One more question. My parents have a visitor's visa which is valid until 2023. Last year (2016) they had visited me on the same while the PR application had been submitted. My question is that in case they come over again this year and if their PPR comes while they are here, can we send their passports to Ottawa for stamping? If so, whats the procedure for that? Do we need an address change or anything else also?

Please advise as this has been hanging on my mind and head for a good 3 months now.

Regards.

AH.

Garry 1263

Star Member
May 23, 2017
To best of my knowledge you can send it Ottawa if in Canada. Really concerned for our case now as medicals going to cross year mark in two weeks from today.

ahtandon

Jul 7, 2017
To best of my knowledge you can send it Ottawa if in Canada. Really concerned for our case now as medicals going to cross year mark in two weeks from today.
hey Garry, thanks for the reply. what happens if the medicals cross the one-year mark? isn't the CIC supposed to complete working on an application once the medicals have been requested within 1 year? I mean, its their delay that caused the medicals to expire. Not the fault of the applicant or the sponsor. Any ideas?

Garry 1263

Star Member
May 23, 2017
hey Garry, thanks for the reply. what happens if the medicals cross the one-year mark? isn't the CIC supposed to complete working on an application once the medicals have been requested within 1 year? I mean, its their delay that caused the medicals to expire. Not the fault of the applicant or the sponsor. Any ideas?
No clue, by end of the day it's something we r doing for our betterment, in a situation if they ask for getting the medicals done once again will have no choice. So let's see what comes up.

Any one else in the forum on the same boat.

Jasabhi

Mar 12, 2017
Anyone here who have not received any email or any mail regarding medical or PC

My parents sponsorship was approved March10,2017..nothing after that ..anyone aware of what's going on and what we can do next or just wait ..

Thanks in advance

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here.
No clue, by end of the day it's something we r doing for our betterment, in a situation if they ask for getting the medicals done once again will have no choice. So let's see what comes up.

Any one else in the forum on the same boat.
Medicals expiring Sept.
NO update at all from NDVO.