+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

accucheck

Apr 21, 2015
Hi,
My parents' medical passed in January 2017 and I noticed the status has been changed as 'decision made' sometime last week. Hasn't been getting any email re. PPR yet. Is/ was there anybody on the same situation with me? Please share.

Much appreciated.

Last edited:

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
So it has been more than 1 year for medicals?

Hi,
My parents' medical passed on January 2016 and I noticed the status has been changed as 'decision made' sometime last week. Hasn't been getting any email re. PPR yet. Is/ was there anybody on the same situation with me? Please share.

Much appreciated.

toronto_dun

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Does anyone whose application is CPC Ottawa with Medicals/PCC complete have status saying Background check in progress?
My application has been stagnant with Medical passed for over 6 months now!
Almost the same here. Meds sent in early September, passed in November, background check in process since. Got a request for military history 1 month ago, with immediate response (no history), and nothing since. I got hopeful when I got the military history request, but nothing again and meds are expiring in 2 months :-(

Reactions: SoClose

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi,
My parents' medical passed in January 2017 and I noticed the status has been changed as 'decision made' sometime last week. Hasn't been getting any email re. PPR yet. Is/ was there anybody on the same situation with me? Please share.

Much appreciated.
Hi,

Can you share your visa office please?

Garry 1263

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Validity of medicals expiring in three weeks from now, any one got any updates from NDVO lately. On line status says in process.

Any advise please folks.

accucheck

Apr 21, 2015
Hi,

Can you share your visa office please?

It's Ottawa VO. 2016, Jan 4 applicant. I was worried because it seems like everyone here has gotton ppr straight before getting DM. I was wondering if there is anybody who got DM first before getting PPR. Also wondering how long did it take to get ppr after dm?
Thanks.

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
Could you please explain how do GCMS notes helps or what information do GCMS notes have?
GCMS notes gives you some details about the processing phases of your application. For example, it showed that the criminality has passed, the medical test has passed but it also shows the officer's notes as well (medical condition that doesn't represent a burden on the health system), and so on.
The problem is that for the security check, they hide all the details, so you get a blank page with no details :( The only indication it shows, is that someone is following up on your file (the next date was 6 Feb. 2017 (1st ATIP request), then it moved to 2 June 2017 (2nd atip), and I am still waiting for any indication that the security check is over :(
I don't know if that long check is random, or it is for specific cases (my father was a military officer) but I know that this is the phase that takes most of the time so I am waiting and hoping to get the results before the medical expires :(

I know we should not complain since so far we (2016 applicants) are the fastest group of people who got their application processed (even though some 2017 applicants got their applications approved and their files transferred to the appropriate LVO, but so far none of them got their visa YET)

good luck to all and let's hope to receive all our PPR soon :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kilamans

ahtandon

Jul 7, 2017
Hi All

I am new to this forum. I had applied for my parents' PR in Jan 2016 at CPC-Mississauga. Below are the details:

Application reached: Jan 4 2016
Medicals and PCC requested : October 2016
Medicals submitted : Dec 2016
PCC submitted: Dec 2 2016

The online status has shown "medicals received" since Jan 2017. It does not show anything about the PCC. When I called in the automated system it did not say "more documents needed" or anything. Can you please let me know what is the next procedure? Would the online status explicitly show anything about the background check? I have tried to be made the representative on the file but they keep rejecting the application for one reason or the other. Once I called one time, the call center agent was kind enough to tell that the file was still in Ottawa. Is that normal? Has anyone else had the same experience. I am really concerned now as I dont know whats happening with the file and we had to delay my parents' trip here in the expectation that the PPR may come any time.

Please advise, thanks.

AH.

Garry 1263

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hi All

I am new to this forum. I had applied for my parents' PR in Jan 2016 at CPC-Mississauga. Below are the details:

Application reached: Jan 4 2016
Medicals and PCC requested : October 2016
Medicals submitted : Dec 2016
PCC submitted: Dec 2 2016

The online status has shown "medicals received" since Jan 2017. It does not show anything about the PCC. When I called in the automated system it did not say "more documents needed" or anything. Can you please let me know what is the next procedure? Would the online status explicitly show anything about the background check? I have tried to be made the representative on the file but they keep rejecting the application for one reason or the other. Once I called one time, the call center agent was kind enough to tell that the file was still in Ottawa. Is that normal? Has anyone else had the same experience. I am really concerned now as I dont know whats happening with the file and we had to delay my parents' trip here in the expectation that the PPR may come any time.

Please advise, thanks.

AH.
Hello There,

We are in the same situation my friend, have delayed trip for my parents as well this year for first time in last 6 years. We got the medicals done in last week of July last year N the asked documents were submitted in first two weeks of August last year too.Wait N watch is only option at this time. I am going to apply for the GCMS notes as others mentioned in forum. Hope that will work.

Any one else if he any other suggestions for us, please let us know.

world

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
hi all,
I need some advice and help for my situation. I sponsored my parents in 2016 PGP, (Parents are Indian nationality) everything was going fine but a week ago i received an email asking me to send them a police clearance from Philippines with in 30 days.
My father had done his MBA from Philippines in 1979-1982 which is 35 years ago so now they sent an email to sent them a police clearance from Philippines.
Any way my father/mother went to the Philippines consulate office india and sent the sealed documents to Philippines to issue the police clearance but now we were told that they cannot issue the police clearance as they have to computer record and also refuse to give the refusal letter stating that they are unable to issue the police report and also they don't give refusal letter.

PLEASE ADVISE ON WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT.

Thanks.

adelebai

Aug 10, 2015
Hello, I applied for my parents' immigration in Jan 2016. In October, they had their first medical check up. My mother was required a second check up in feb 2017, which she passed. Now it's been another 5 months passed. We were told that the officers are reviewing the police certificate. Is there anyone else in the same boat? I thought police certificate check should be faster than that.. what do you suggest me to do other than just waiting patiently?

accucheck

Apr 21, 2015
Hello, I applied for my parents' immigration in Jan 2016. In October, they had their first medical check up. My mother was required a second check up in feb 2017, which she passed. Now it's been another 5 months passed. We were told that the officers are reviewing the police certificate. Is there anyone else in the same boat? I thought police certificate check should be faster than that.. what do you suggest me to do other than just waiting patiently?
Hi
My parents' case was exactly 1 month earlier than your case. My mom's medical passed in Jan. 2017. They said they are doing background check last month. We got DM last week and PPR a few days after. I think you will get a good news in about a month.

Hope this helps.

adelebai

Aug 10, 2015
Hi
My parents' case was exactly 1 month earlier than your case. My mom's medical passed in Jan. 2017. They said they are doing background check last month. We got DM last week and PPR a few days after. I think you will get a good news in about a month.

Hope this helps.
Thank you! I truly hope that's the case:)